CREE Gen 1 XM-L, XP-G, etc 35% off sale no coupons required

XM-L2 U2 back in stock!? Yay! I should have bought more, I should have bought more...

Iā€™ll be making an order for sure.

4A, 4B, 4C, 4D, 4Eā€¦lots and lots of everything 4.

Please.

ā€¦and I donā€™t care if theyā€™re Gen 1, as long as its got a 4 in it.

Indeed, I hope Illumination Supply will continue to offer some of the more sought-after emitters, such as the 3D tint XP-G2.

Craig, you are my go-to whenever I need an LED, and I know that's the case with so many others. I know I don't buy many, and you only make pennies on them, but I am grateful.

I've noticed a disturbing trend here where people buy from the cheapest place they can, then expect to receive the most outstanding service in the history of the world. And if something would, God forbid, go wrong with their order, the world should come to a standstill until it's resolved.

When I want an order to ship out quickly, and I get exactly the item I ordered, I order from you. When I order lights from China, and something goes wrong, I understand that it's simply a trade off that I'm willing to accept.

With that said, don't sacrifice yourself for us DIY'ers. It certainly is hard to compete with the Chinese companies, and no one should fault you if you focus on those things that actually make you money.

We havenā€™t announced that we have the XM-L2 U2 in stock because we only received a small shipment to fulfill backorders. We will be getting a larger shipment by next week for those wondering why theyā€™re sold out so fast.

Thanks for the support everyone. Right now weā€™re taking a good hard look at our components section and figuring out how we want to move forward. Weā€™ve begun to hit our theoretical time limit for only 2 people running everything in a business.

Iā€™ve noticed that our email response time has slowed down and sometimes an email or two falls through the cracks. We apologize for that and would like you to know that weā€™re not purposely brushing you off or ignoring you.

Iā€™ve also noticed that weā€™ve begun to have supply issues where many of our products are out of stock. I think someone commented in another thread that half the things he tried to order were backordered and he was forced to look elsewhere. For the upcoming week weā€™ll be pruning our inventory and/or clearing out the remnants of old products. We do try to read forums and gauge market interest and customer criticisms.

Weā€™ve been hard at work with various projects and trying to find ways to bring down prices for various components. Hopefully that work will pay off in the near future!

Calvin

Oops

If you need the 10 I ordered this AM (#5698) to fill others' orders, feel free to hold my shipment until you get fully restocked. I have some T6s on the way from The Bad Place that should keep me from going into complete withdrawal.

Weā€™ll be shipping out your order, our inventory count for the U2 is accurate, we just didnā€™t want people hearing it was in stock and trying to order to find out it was already out of stock :slight_smile:

Good news! According to tracking, the XM-L2 U2 should arrive on Monday. As a result we are opening up our store for purchases.

On a side note, during our search for ways to lower LED on board costs, weā€™ve actually opened the door for another product that BLF members seem particularly keen on recently. However, as a gesture of common decency, we will be holding off announcement and listing of the products for a while.

Hmm, interesting. I really hope you are talking about what I think you are talking about. :open_mouth:

Anyway, thanks for shipping out my three orders so quick. Everyone raves about great service from a relatively new Chinese supplier, but we have THE best service right here at ā€˜homeā€™!
You guys are the best, I really hope you can find a way to stay in the component business. Specializing in leading edge components and backing it up with unbeatable service will keep us flashaholics coming back for more.

Hi Calvin,

ETA for the bare CREE XM-L2 U2 1C emitter arrival ?

My order still pending for it :wink:

Amen! Well said JonyC. Like it or not, you are in partnership with the businesses you trade with, if they go away, you lose so take good care of them. Most do not have large staff to handle every inane complaint and answer every question that can easily be found here or by using Google.

I used to build PCs as a side business and to feed my silicone habit. There was a great computer case and components supplier in Washington DC of all places. Best price ever for cases, sometimes a few were bent, but nothing you could not bend back. They were close to me and shipped fast. Crybabies killed their business. People that couldnā€™t figure out how to plug in a computer let alone the simple task of assembling one caused them to quit the business.

Hmm, there's not much doubt what you refer to, so far for holding off the announcement . It is still nice not to list it yet .

Looks like Illumination supply will get some orders from across the sea in the future. :wink:
Im hoping for more specialized stuff too. Like some quad XP-G2s to those quad tir opticsā€¦
Or maybe some of these:

XM-L2 S6 3000k ā€“ 90 CRI
XM-L2 T4 3500k ā€“ 80 CRI
XM-L2 T5 4000k ā€“ 75 CRI
XM-L2 U2 5700k - 65 CRI

Im guessing ā€œXM-L2 U2 5700kā€ could become really popular. Never saw those around in normal stores even on 1. gen XM-L.
The ones written in ā€œitalicā€ I have requested to both intl-outdoor and fasttech. So just a heads up. Not sure if they will get them though.

exactly what i was thinking!

Is your order pending or processing? A quick glance doesnā€™t show any orders for U2 1C I havenā€™t fulfilled already, do you have an order number I can look at?

Weā€™ve decided to launch the product an adequate time after the current BLF alternative sells, and we will match the pricing so we are equal until further down the line. We have no intention of swooping in and scooping up sales so to speak. The BLF members have already invested plenty of time. For the record we have already long been in talks with different companies on similar products and did not decide to target and undercut that particular product.

Thanks for the input, weā€™ll consider them. The biggest problem is just how popular these LEDs are, someone mentioned MT-G2s but looking at the group order thread, interest doesnā€™t seem to be quite there. Considering we would have to purchase at a large volume to offer competitive prices makes it that much harder to support.

We will, however, be offering different XM-L2s on popular board sizes in the near future.

If I could just get copper pcbs for the mtg2, Iā€™m quite sure I could make them much more popular.

The price really isnā€™t that bad vs sst-90.

There's enough room in the center pad's footprint to fit eight .080" copper pins, by comparison XM-L only has room for two--> http://i45.tinypic.com/xgdrgl.jpg

The coupon code has been removed from these, feel free to use your BLF discounts :)