Cree releasing 100W LED light bulb equivalent

I bet texaspyro will use many of his LED bulbs until they burn out because he really hates having to access some of them.

Im assuming texaspyro has strip lighting?

I want in on this MTG2 madness… not the xpg though.

I have my bulb stick… make changing most of them easy. The problem wass having to pull down a hundred or so bulbs to check their microscopic &*$#^@ date codes for a recall. The ones that I can’t get to are above a stairway and those under the second story eaves.

Frankly I don’t see the costs of LED bulbs coming down spectacularly any time soon… even if the emitters were free, there is a lot of other stuff in the bulbs and that is all mature technology/raw materials and that ain’t goin’ nowhere but up.

Your not going to get 6 years per bulb at 30 mins/day, try one or two years (still optimistic)

The graphs are very nice, i like visuals

I can think of an entire political party that lives by that, someone once said you can hold any opinion you want if you don’t test it too thoroughly.

Why don’t we settle this which-bulb-is-better nonsense once and for all?

Stop using bulbs; use flashlights instead.

(but seriously, a 1xAA Zebralight gives me like a month worth of light per charge, and only costs about five or ten watt-hours to charge… compared to the kilowatt-hour I’d be spending for a month of light from a single bulb… a flashlight easily provides a 99% savings on the electric bill)

Charge it at work. 100% savings.

… but I work at home.

Ooh, I know. Maybe I should go work at a coffee shop whenever I need to charge batteries. I could save, like a whole cent every few months! (and it’d only cost me a buck or two in gas each way, plus a few more for coffee)

Easy solution. Get a bicycle, then you spend nothing on gas. Let me know if you need any other financial advice. I can help you make a small fortune if we start with a large fortune

Not much light output with that light though. You must live in a tent. LOL Just kidding.

I like the charge it at work for free post! :smiley:

No, it’s not much light. But I only need about 3 lumens (maybe 10, with a floody beam) to see what I’m doing pretty clearly.

Even with 99% power reduction, it’d still take several years to save enough on electricity to pay for a decent flashlight. The difference between LED and CFL today seems pretty negligible in terms of operating cost, unless you have hundreds of bulbs running several hours per day. For most people, it seems like kind of a moot point.

I didn’t fill my home with LED bulbs to save money. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Would anyone be willing to buy me one 60w and one 100w cree equivalent and ship it to Europe? :slight_smile: And if it will work on 220V?

I don’t think that they work on 220V volts…

Thought so :frowning:

120 Volts, 60Hz.

I hate cree! :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, no 220V option?

With these LED bulbs, do they mind power-cycling? I know it’s detrimental to CFLs, so I tend to leave them on/off depending.

How have these bulbs been working out for you guys? I’m nearing 100% fail rate. I’m glad they had that super long warranty. Hopefully Home Depot will continue making warranty replacements an easy process for me.

So far all of mine (Cree’s first run of 60W bulbs in 2700K and 5000K) are still working fine, though I managed to knock the shell off a couple and had to glue the glass back on. Most of mine are in open-air fixtures, but I do have a few in enclosed fixtures too.

My only complaints so far are that the 2700K ones are too yellow, the glass is easy to knock off, and the rubber coating collects dust. Would be nice if they made 4000K or 4500K high-CRI bulbs.