CREE XHP50 limit?

Ok. just got done modding my dual 18650 C8 flashlight with a FET driver and a XHP50 from Mountain Electronics. With Ultrafire batteries it did 2.88 amps, with Panasonic NCR’s it did 4.59 amps, with LG HG2’s it did 6.39 amps and with the Sony VTC 6 batteries it did 6.59 amps. My question is. will the XHP50 handle 6.59 amps? and if so for how long. The flashlight is wicked bright 6.59 amps! It looks so cool coming from such a small light.

Post 275 here from djozz should answer your question.

Thank you :smiley:

As long as it doesn’t get too hot I think it should handle it fine. That is 3.3A going through each die, which the XPG2 can handle no problem.

I think you should get more than 6.59A with two high drain 18650s, maybe more like 10-11A. Was that measuring with a high resistance DMM, and are the springs bypassed?

I just checked the chart and at 6.49 amps it’s doing about 3600 lumens and it looks like it. It is so bright I was worried I would have a melt down. :smiley: Sweet. Should have set the turbo timer at .30 and not 1 minute. Yes, double spring by-pass. This was measured at the tail with a cheap Harbor Freight DMM.

Your user name is SO appropriate :)!

Thank you :smiley: