Cree XHP70 up to 4022 Lumens and XHP50 up to 2546 lumens - Multi-die leds.

(I know, Oh Oh, right?)

When I started out on my trek to find the Ledil Seanna I was thinking I would use it with the XHP70. BUT, I think it would really magnify the artifacts in the beam. So I got a Luminus SBT-70 for the Seanna and will embark on something else with the XHP70’s I received today.

But to clarify, have a look at the Seanna sitting on top of the Courui D01 (formerly known as the Big Head)

Monster head Courui?

Does that come off your motorbike? ;)

Nice reflector Dale. l was checking one out yesterday thinking of the possibilities. The lack of weight was a real attraction. Whens the beam shots with both leds being posted?

If I knew someone with a lathe I could get a mount cut to be able to tie the optic to the host. Gonna take some work the way I have to do it.

Interesting beast you have there :slight_smile:

I wonder what kind of beam it projects, being a TIR first and fresnel after is an cool combination.

I agree. I had similar comments over in RMM’s sales thread, but I didn’t do any testing to back it up. MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

I wouldn't recommend the 12V MCPCBs unless you're planning to actually use the 12V option.

A little late now, LOL.

All I got coming are 12V and the builds won't wait, so we will see what happens.

Well I'll be damned. I ordered the 6V sinkpads. Now I feel better and foolish at the same time.

XHP70 N4-3A and N2-5B bares only now at LEDDNA. $15.30 after BLF15 code.

Maybe have this portion of the BLF LED Spreadsheet posted in OP too? ;)

May I ask how you got that sinkpad on the left without the extra 12V traces? I got the free samples in the mail and all mine have those crappy 6/12V traces.

I believe those are the MKR pads, subject to a minimum order quantity though and no free samples of those by the looks of it.

Should be only a voltage drop and reduced maximum possible drive current + increased maximum dropout voltage (drops outs slightly earlier). Not the end of the world I think.

RMM does carry them it appears. That solves the minimum order issues for those who are able to order from RMM.

Awesome, thanks.

Plus a good chunk of extra heat generated right at the pcb. Those traces got quite hot even at 10amps. It’s only an extra watt or two of heat needing to be dissipated by the mcpcb, nothing tragic in a 60watt setup but still it’s another downside.

It also bugs me because it would have been so easy to make the trace length/width MUCH better for 6v, changing very little on the actual PCB.

Hmm, those traces are rather ultra thin and 1Oz copper trace weight ( 1Oz, I assume that is since that is the default in electronics, unless of course stated differently)

I don’t like it either. You won’t catch me dead using one of those 12v SinkPADs for a 6v setup, but OL is stuck and the losses are not critical, they are simply unfortunate.

As I stated elsewhere, SinkPAD is dodging a bullet here: there is no other way to achieve 12v operation on an XHP emitter with an isolated thermal pad. You can’t run 10A through the XHP70 in 12v config, you’d run maybe 5A. Losses are not as serious that way.

Personally I’m not anxious to run these XHP emitters in 12v config, it’s just not ideal for our purposes due to the wiring issue. The MK-R was better in that respect.

…ahem…maybe this is why they’re so eager to give out free samples of these pcbs :stuck_out_tongue: :bigsmile:

I think we should give them a heads up on the issue. Not as wild a eyed performance enthusiast, but in a professional manner. If done correctly it could lead to considerations for other free samples in the future

The 12V option pads are designed that way for users other than flashlight people. If you want 6V application you need to ask for the correct star. They’re not mind readers. Asking for the XHP70 star is misleading, do the research and find what is applicable to the situation at hand and ask for the correct part. In this case, that would be the copper MK-R star.

SinkPAD does much more than keep hobbyists happy with their toys.