Cree XHP70 up to 4022 Lumens and XHP50 up to 2546 lumens - Multi-die leds.

do this light use a FCN13895_SEANNA-A reflector?

That light is a 4” bezel, the Seanna is 6”. That light is a triple, the Seanna is a dual optic system with a TIR inside that focuses light to a Fresnel on the outside. Very impressive and very large set-up.

How do I know? I got one in the mail today! :slight_smile: HUGE!

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but Cutter Electronics has TOP BIN XHP 50 and 70 in stock with NO purchase limit.

They didn’t have top bins a few days ago and I’ve yet to see anyone with other than the 2 primary bins, 6500K in the 70 and 3000K in the 50.

And a minimum $11 shipping to the US.

are there any PCB and optic made specifically for xhp50, xhp70?

To me, hot air reflow is the best. I put the mcpcb in my small vice. I use the hot air to warm the mcpcb a little, just enough for the solder paste to spread easily and then I add the paste. Put the led on and heat from underneath with the hot air. A few seconds later and everything flows and it's done. Much easier than the solder iron and the nicest thing is that I can just take the hot air off from under it and it can cool right there in the open air. Less time to heat up and less time to cool down.

Supposedly, I am getting XHP70 N2 3A, but it's sort of confusing. Maybe 5, maybe 10, maybe nothing. It's very difficult to get answers from overseas.

Unless I am reading the data sheet wrong ( its always possible) the N4 bin is top for the XHP 70 which is what cutter has here on a star in 2 shades ( both cool)

http://www.cutter.com.au/products.php?cat=Cree+XHP70

And the 50s in J4 which is a bin higher than even listed on the data sheet in 2B

http://www.cutter.com.au/products.php?cat=Cree+XHP50

Am I reading something wrong?

You’re reading it right, the N4 is the highest bin for the 70. I had some parts on order from Cutter while they were out on Holiday the first of the year. I’d spoken with them about getting stock in on the 70’s and 50’s and was expecting to be notified as to when they expected stock to arrive such that an order could be combined. They have informed me that the parts I had on order shipped and had not received any of these emitters up to that point. So they must have gotten these in over the last week.

Nice that they’re the top bins and in good tints as well. Would have picked up a few if they’d let me know as requested. :frowning:

Nice find VB, now how do we get around the high shipping cost from Australia?

That’s why I don’t ever buy from Cutter. It’s an outrageous sum of money to have them shipped, so I settle for whatever RMM, IS, or China has.

Maybe Steve can help us out, stuff his pockets full before he comes over here on vacation? :wink:

Is there a good 6V driver available to push this to 6A? Haven’t looked into that for a while…

I would think that a zener modded FET driver from Mountain electronics would do the trick. If a pair of li-ions drive these anything like it does the MTG2 it should be cake.

I found an FET Zener modded pushed the XHP70 to 12.15A from a Sony C5 or Efest 35A, can’t remember which, and it made just over 6200 lumens. :wink:

Incredible….

I'm going to use my SP03 7135 driver, but with a regulator instead of the zener, to cut parasitic drain down. First time using it that way. It was an RMM suggestion, to keep from having parasitic drain with the momentary switch. I'm only going to 9 amps each for the three leds though. The other mod will be with one of George's taskled drivers.

http://www.cutter.com.au/proddetail.php?prod=cut2349

This is the N4 bin 3C XHP70 led that I picked up yesterday. These have a price here (cost me) of $20.00. If I was in the US and spent $100.00 on these leds and put shipping on top you are still paying less than what I pay. Thats the way the dollar rolls. Maybe you guys could buy me a few?

As posted earlier this is the label of the roll of XHP70 leds mentioned by myself and VB the picture was taken by myself. You are getting the correct item you pay for unlike the what did I get from some overseas sellers.

I'd suggest RMM will have these in soon enough anyway.

Hopefully I'll have something up and running soon. Where is DBS or OL when you need something done quickly? By the way it is summer over here, hint hint.

They cost us about the same, if we buy from Mouser or Digikey, but they never have the good bins or good color tints. China has spoiled us, sad to say, but true. Amazon has spoiled us here. Free shipping on most everything and two days to arrive. Makes it hard to pay shipping and in fact, I do not any more, unless I have to deal with Mouser, Digikey, RMM or IS. Even ebay is always free shipping. I would imagine that Cutter makes enough money that they don't have to offer reduced shipping. Usually, when a company is fat, they don't give a break to anyone and it's not till they are hurting or have lots of competition, that they have to take less profit. I would think Cutter probably doesn't have a lot of competition over there?

Remember, you have a package in the mail…should be there any day now…

On the spec sheet, it says 12v configurable to 6v, explain?