Cree XHP70 up to 4022 Lumens and XHP50 up to 2546 lumens - Multi-die leds.

I would guess they are 0D.

Go by the kelvin ratings for tint. The first link is 5700k, second link is 5000k.

The XHP70 data sheet will get you pretty close for the first two.

For the first one, it’s a K4 binned 2A/B/C/D (the XHP E2 bin is potentially any of those apparently).

The second should be a J4 3A/B/C/D but the code but the code is for a 3-step ellipse 5000k EasyWhite.

Third is an XHP50 that’s G2 binned and is the whole 2A/B/C/D thing again.

Fourth is an F2 3A/B/C/D XHP50 but the code but the code is for a 3-step ellipse 5000k EasyWhite.

….I think :bigsmile:

Those characters indicate the minimun luminous flux (like T6, U2, etc. do for XMLs):

K4 is 1290
J4 is 1120
G2 is 780
F2 is 680

The last three characters are bin which is basically just temperature tint. No choosing tints biased above or below the BBL like XMLs binning.

I found a place that has the Ledil CN10861_IRIS for $4.34 with a minimum of 5. That’s $5 cheaper than Mouser or DigiKey.
http://www.futureelectronics.com/en/technologies/semiconductors/lighting-solutions/optics/single-led-optics/Pages/4022649-CN10861_IRIS.aspx?IM=0

So the 90 CRI XHP’s Mouser has on order are of a lesser bin and wont get as bright?

from the shelf to the lens it’s 19 mm maybe you can squeeze out a bit when you do not tighten the bezel

but I do not think that 29mm is possible

Check out the Minnie-M, it’s quite a bit shorter…

An hybrid reflector, with a nice holder/mount. Best beam I’ve found with the XHP-70.

The CA12881_MINNIE-M is 15.8 mm tall so there could be room for a 70mm copper disc to put on the shelf for the 3 MCPCB’s to sit on?

Product Number CA12881_MINNIE-M
Family Minnie
Type RefAssy
LED XHP70
Color black
Diameter 35 mm
Height 15.8 mm

If this setup works, I hope someone can setup a group buy with Banggood for a host or complete light.

Wonder if 4 would fit? That would make an AWESOME quad!

Edit: I just ordered the Trustfire 12xT6 from Banggood, we’ll see how that works out. :wink:

The SkyRay 16T6 has a 99 mm head, so a quad should be doable in that.

I’m just looking around to see if I can find some good XHP host in case the to good to be true ebay deal falls through. I gotta have options. All those pictures of Old Lumens’ factory and your burning tree/red barrel have got me motivated.

That SkyRay could take more of course, but I like the look of the other one better. Sort of like a Courui D01 on roids! :slight_smile:

Too bad you ordered the 12xT6 from Banggood, you could have ordered it from Amazon and would not have to wait on the slow junk boat from China.
http://www.amazon.com/Trustfire-6x18650-5-modes-Extension-Flashlight/dp/B00KLHV0NI

Ah, grasshopper, let me educate you on the proper shopping wisdom. :slight_smile:

Ordering from Amazon that $89 comes right out of my bank account. The wife see’s that!

Ordering at Banggood I get a $6.87 discount from an already $3 lower price, don’t pay shipping, and can use Pay Pal Credit and spread the cost over monthly payments that are difficult to decipher into actual cost of the light. :bigsmile:

Edit: Plus, I asked Neal in a note to seller if he could give me a discount on a damaged reflector or bad emitters, as I won’t be using either the reflector or emitters in this light. Hey, worth a shot! :wink: Might help him get rid of a light he can’t sell, and help me get a host cheaper. :smiley:

Wow. :cowboy_hat_face:

I am an Experienced Flashaholic, :bigsmile:

Like knowing where the corners are in the warehouse where you can’t be seen pulling out a flask….

I’ll be looking forward to seeing your mod.

I guess I’m lucky. My wife has zero interest in financial matters. I don’t even think she knows the password for the bank account.

PD, and your quote says….

“…but I’ve been wrong before.”

:wink:

Trust me, if I was wrong on this, I’d have been kicked out of the house by now.