Cree XP-G3, testing a S5 3A emitter

luminance, see your answered PM

Edit: (penny drops)
even if i only run 2 amps into the CULNM1-TG it will still give higher FC than the g2 because of that die size, its a have your cake and eat it situation and doesn’t have to come at the cost of run time…… I had it in my head i was going to have to Run 6amps into it to get the same performance as 2amps on S4 in reality for the same 2amps il get way more lux / fc I didnt realise the S4 was being over driven

Sorry guys im very new to this!

This forum Rocks!

Can xp-g3 be swapped to sst20 or nichia

Yes, luckily they can.
Same footprint.

Nice!

ok, i am seriously confused right now, ive just tested my own XPG3s (S4 bin 4000k) on my desktop power supply…its mounted to a DTP star, with arctic silver thermal paste onto some aluminum heatsink…i can only achieve a maximum of 2A @ 3.8v before i get diminishing returns, it starts going blue and to be honest just looses intensity. It seems it is producing its best results at the 2A mark, which is definitely not what the OP suggests. im in no way inclined to push it further as it will probably blow. How is it that i cant achieve the high drive currents as tested in the OP? very big confusion! please help…what am i doing wrong?

Wow, that is an extremely bad performance, something is very off there, either a fake led or an extremely bad reflow job with the central pad hardly connected with solder at all. No idea what is going on there, sorry.

i have a feeling that they must be fake…its the only logical reasoning i can come up with…i just re flowed some 219c and they were fine…ill purchase some more XPG3s soon from cutter and see what happens.