Cree XPL

Sure the winters are cold. But the winter nights are long and dark :-)

Should I be looking for some real estate for you guys ? Central to Denmark and with easy access to the highways and waterways of Scandinavia and Europe ;-) ???

sounds be-aaa-utiful, can I open an office in a barge on the canals, then float around throwing out beautiful light to the light starved villages... Im there...:)

Dedoming does the same things with a TIR as with a reflector. Smaller spot and all. These LEDs dedomed should be about the same profile as a dome-intact XPG2.

I use my two lights (wear on wrist and forehead) for 10 hours a day. xml2 at 700 ma off 2p18650 and buck driver 700 ma max for 9.5 hours flat output/dimmable. 26 mm standard p60 reflector offers about 5300 to near 6k candela from the xml. A similar xpg would be 7800 and slightly more for the xpg2. My xmls get me somewhere in the 270 lumen neighborhood, measuring some up to 305, some builds as low as 245 in warm white (not using ar lens).

I also haven’t met a TIR that I really liked. *So, I am interested in Welight’s numbers for candela, per bin, on the standard p60 26.5 mm reflector (with glass lens), not dedomed. Only at the 350 and 700 ma drive level. *Screw the other drive levels—can’t work with them (2x18650 is max weight allowable for a wearable light).

The 200 lpw in the headline is what turned my head. “Hmm, maybe I can build a 4k candela p60 single 18650 periscope for 10 hour flat runtime, without missing the xml output (like the xpg)”, is what I thought from reading the headline. Sadly, they had to flux rate these at an insane 1 amp level—which you can’t use in a truly useful work light. 150 lpw at 1 amp doesn’t excite too much.

Aha, thought I read somewhere it’s practically the same chip as XP-G2.
I probably did read that somewhere…

Totally! I'll come visit often. And bring strong local beer as gifts :-)

Dedomed XP-L will have the same beam profile as dedomed XM-L2.

XM-L2, not XP-G2. You read it wrong.

Yes... and since the Carclo 20mm triple optics aren't used with XML2s, the closest comparison for how the optics will react is to a stock XPG2. Dedomed XML2 and stock XPG2 are fairly close in beam profile.

That's what kills me. I'd love to put it in a RMM S3 triple, but I also have mine set up for flood. Dedoming to fit it under a carclo lens would kill most of the extra lumens and make it less floody. Geez, imagine if there was a suitable carclo. Triple XP-L with a FET driver...I bet it'd easily do 2000 lumens.

Triple XML dedomed with carclo fits…

I have a question about the XP-L, can we expect them to be even output between direct bond and a dielectric layer up to ~2.5A same as XM-L’s (where anything under ~2.5A there is no gain by going direct bond)?

Anybody can help me please?

In Cree’s data sheet there is picture of two xp-l led. one is flat and the other has a dome on the led.

I’m checking subjects and everybody talking about dedooming to have better throw (with loss in total output).

Is there any commercial flashlight having this flat one (so, i don’t need to try this dangerous dedooming). If yes, is there a code (like v1, v2, HI etc.) that we can understand the torch has this flat one.

Thanks in advance.

Additionally, i really like BLF X6 design. But, when i check reviews and sellers Eagle eye X6 has a better demand. Is it only price issue or led difference?

Eagle Eye X6 CREE XP-L HI V21A

BLF X6-SE V2 CREE XP-L HI

Those are very similar lights. If you want to know more, look up the BLF X6-SE group buy on this forum. Basically, the group buy started with Eagle-Eye as our manufacturer, and switched to Manker. Eagle-Eye continued to develop their model and now both are for sale. I would recommend the Eagle-Eye for better anodizing. Both of those lights have the flat emitter for better throw.

“HI” stands for High Intensity. These are the flat version that will have better throw if all else is equal.