Crelant 7G10 (MT-G2) 1860 Lumens Scorcher in stock

Uh… The Vf at 3A is only a little above 6V @85C.

I’m not too impressed with the rough threads on this light - that would be a deal breaker for me. Also don’t like the fact that it comes on when you are replacing the cells, because the threads aren’t anodised.

6.3v is 'significantly above 6 volts' with the range of input voltage and regulator type we're dealing with here. Would you be happy with a light where it only worked properly with the cell voltage between 4.2v and 3.8v? Would you buy a light that worked like that, when for the same money you could have one that's properly regulated instead?

:gulp:

Having the light turn on after changing batteries - I also have the same issue with mine. I doubt it's unique to TurboBB's sample.

The tiny gap between the bezel and head is also present in mine.

The threads really do suck. It's beyond me why they would anodize the the threads between the head/reflector, and body, but not the battery tube and body.

Despite using tons of silicone grease, it still has that unpleasant grind.

Went on a bit of a rant about it here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f66/what-lights-do-you-have-52220-16.html#post1185390

Well, Vf is not 6.3V. The Cree datasheet shows it’s just under 6.2V at 3A. I wouldn’t call that significantly above 6V. Second, how do you know what kind of driver is in the light? I haven’t seen that disclosed anywhere.

Reviewer stated it fell out of regulation at ~15 minutes? Does that sound like what a boost driver would do? Or does it sound like what a buck driver would do? Tell us. Enlighten us. Ignoring the evidence you don't like doesn't make it go away.

Now I am even more interested to see more reviews and hands on experience accounts with this light. Sounds like regulation might be its Achilles heel. Between that and the threads… has to make you wonder if they rushed this release trying to be ahead of the pack of MTG2s which is surely coming soon.

I tested 2 MT-G2 P0 leds, the VF is 6.30V (1st led) and 6.33V (2nd led) at 3000mA.

The 6.3V is what you measured on your MT-G2 leds?

Thats what I am thinking too, they rushed this out to get ahead of the pack.This time I am going to wait and see what else comes out instead of jumping on the frist or second model that is released.-Rick

6.23v @ 2.90A, my S1100 w/MTG2 runs 3.3A but I didn't measure voltage on that one. So probably, 6.35-.38 or so at 3.3A, extrapolating from the other numbers?

The published specs look to be B.S. 'Constant current', working voltage down to 5.4v, yet claims to do the full rated 1860lm for 135 minutes. How do you run a 6v LED at 3 amps from 5.4v input using a 'constant current' driver? Impossible.

3.3A is the input current of the driver?

At 3500mA the first of my MT-G2s is 6.36V and the second 6.41V

At 5.40V the MT-G2 will have a forward current of 150mA, on the other LED is 5.37V and 150mA. It's interesting that one LED has a lower VF than the other at lower current but at higher currents it changes into higher.

No, output current at the LED. It's using the stock S1100's XML driver still. Tailcap current went from 1.2_v with the XML, to 2.2x (don't remember exactly, it's somewhere in my S1100 thread though) after the MTG2 swap.

Happy to report that after cleaning off the threads w/alcohol and removing the existing grease, I applied some Super Lube and the grinding is just about all gone. Still would've preferred that the threads were anodized so as to allow lock out given how easy it is to turn the light on.

EDIT: Here's the 7G10 in action outdoors.

Looking forward to multi-emitter MT-G2, if that’s gonna happen. :smiley:

Also, nice video review of this new Crelant 7G10, turboBB!

Uh… They could be using a switching buck / boost constant current LED driver set to 3A. I don’t know if they are, but constant current just means the output current doesn’t change as the input voltage changes. It doesn’t mean anything about the topology of the driver.

I’m bumping old thread.maybe some 7G10 users can help.
How is exactly to set the low,mode until 1 lumen like the spec claimed?
mine the lowest is like high mode of XPG2 driven @1.4A on single AA. It really an very bright for a low.

press the button and hold and let go at the desired output…it has variable ramp :slight_smile:

I did that but the lowest I can get is nowhere near 1 lumen.
either there is special setting trick which I can’t found anywhere on the net or the spec just wrong. Asking a friend whom have 7G5CS and V6CS apparently the lowest low is also not a super low although lower than 7G10.