Crelant 7G9 65mm 1020Lumens XM-L U2 3x18650 Flashlight

Welcome to the cool kids' club, rufus001!

I feel cooler already!

Aloha and welcome to BLF rufus001!

Thanks!

Welcome to BLF, Rufus!!

Bro, not that i meant to be rude. I have my reasons.

The varapower turbo has a similar bezel diameter as the TN31’s 79mm bezel diameter ( VPT XM-L has a 73mm reflector) and a UCL lens (99% trans), speciallised de-domed emitter for throw and with direct-to-copper bonding (you know, that thingy that DEFT uses) so that it can be overdriven to 4A plus….and manages 100k cd stabilised “only”.

Selfbuilt measured the TN31 to be 88k cd.

You might have a very good copy. Perhaps if i may suggest and if you have time, to measure both lights (SR90 and TN31) at say 15-20 metres range? (or have you measured at a pretty long distance already?)

And welcome to the forum! :smiley:

BTW, Pok’s TMR-73 also measured 82k cd…for reference. 3070mA to LED.

Howdy. Yep. Originally started at 5 metres moved to 10 metres and finally 16 metres. It’s definitely an exceptional copy OR I have a dodgy light meter plus about 15 other lights that are about 40% under-performing luxwise.

Oops! Make that under performing by about 20%

Wow….that shd be correct then. I am wondering what is happening.

(1) The driver can put out 4A or even 5A no issue at all and could be possible with a slightly faulty driver in “high”. The UF-980L shows that the current is possible even with just 1S Li-ion. However it can only put out that much more light with 2 conditions (a) direct copper to LED bonding (b) you are at 50 deg C ambient like Yakutsk/Northern Can/Alaska so the heat is really efficiently pulled from it however it is not winter now

(2) Your U2 is exceptionally efficient, like 10 plus % more efficient than the median efficiency of the U2 bin.

I think i will opt for 2, coz number 1 is impossible as i don’t think Thrunite is capable of direct LED bonding.

BTW, your other figures look a-ok to me. (i have some of the lights like DBS V3 aspheric EZ900, 7G5).

That’s what makes me think I just have a “special” version. I checked all my readings against whatever review I could find. I just did a quicky at about 12 to 13 metres(couldn’t be stuffed moving the car). 663 lux for the TK70 and 686 lux for the TN31. I’ve previously taken readings for my TN30, TC40CS, M3C4, XTAR s1 and others and they have all been as expected. I think I just got lucky. Makes up for my crappy SR90. :slight_smile:

Rufus, you seem to know alot about this stuff so I figured I'd ask. What would you say the best thrower is under 300$?Price is flexible 350 isn't the end of the world.

I only know about the full production throwers not the specially produced or modded flashlights. Having said that you should be able to pick-up a superseded SR90 for a good price. If you want to go nuts at 400 odd dollars then lash out on the SR95 UT. If they’re too big then definitely the Thrunite TN31. It’s much smaller/lighter and heaps cheaper.

Preview w/vid now up:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/9285

Yes, I know, everyone waiting for beamshots, will add that tomorrow night. =o)

Cheers,
Tim

Bro, actually my TK70 measured at 45 metres gave me the best figures, 92.5kcd if i remember correctly.

But anyway that’s cool. :slight_smile:

Well my XM-L throwers are M3X, 7G5, BD-4, On the Road X5, V60C, T40CS (sold), Fandyfire STL-V6 (sold). Would gladly want the TN31 instead of the remaining 5. But the V60C is way too cool as its gun-metal. hehe…. but that’s life. I got the M3X for cheap, together with a $5 less (i think it was a 11 dollar coupon) i got it at usd68. hehe :smiley:

I have the SR90 and TK70 amongst my collection.

The new TN31 I just received last week nearly keeps up with the SR90 and throws further than the TK70.

My Dereelight DBS-T Aspherical EZ900 keeps up with all of them with only a tiny spot and no way of seeing where you are walking.

It really should be rifle mounted to get good use out of its incredibly narrow beam.

I am waiting for the Crelant 7G5 V2 with Aspherical Head to arrive any day by DHL.

The TN31 is quite a nice light with the magnetic ring control down to 1 lux or something like that up to 1147 lumens and pretty big lux figures as well.

I find the TN31 suitable for my walks at night as I can turn it way down or right up to see well into the distance.

It is light but powerful with 3 x 18650 3100 mah Li-ions in it.

I am going to do some comparison photo shots soon when the Crelant arives.

And that TN 31, what a nice unit for a thrower!!!

Cheers Guys

Once you get the aspherical head update us on 7g5 v2 with aspheric vs the tn31.

The Thrunite TN31 is a lightweight but chunky thrower that I love already.

Three levels of magnetic ring controlled brightness plus strobe and shorter with 3 x 18650 in parallel and the battery carrier can go into the body either way around.

Around two hours runtime is very respectable.

It keeps up nearly with my Olight SR90 and throws further than my Fenix TK70.

And it fits in my back pocket, although you really know it is in there.

My Dereelight DBS-T Aspherical EZ900 keeps up with all of them pretty closely except it is a lot smaller beam and you can’t see a foot in front of you.

Good for rifle mounting and has no spill.

I would scout prey with either of the other two big guns and then just rely on the Dereelight Aspherical on my rifle to get a narrow target light on it.

Willl update you when the Crelant arrives.

Cheers

The TN 31 ain’t No Joke !!!