Curved computer monitors

Depends on the size and panel type.
32 inch VA panels for example tend to have poor viewing angles so you would benefit from it being curved.

Wait a couple years and weā€™ll probably have flexible TVs and Monitors. Then we can curve or flatten them at will!

Yep my current monitor is a NZXT 32inch 1440p curved VA panel and its great 165hz refresh, The NZXT monitor has a 1500r curve.
The curve allows you to sit closer to the monitor and it is more immersive when using it for content and or gaming, i play Apex Legends and Battlefield and i can see more of the screen while sitting closer thanks to the curve. Pixel density wise a 1440p 32inch monitor is the same pixel density as a 1080p 24inch monitor.

I also have a Samsung 27inch 1440p 144hz curved monitor i prefer the 32inch it makes more sense for the curve but i bought the Samsung when its was Covid and hard to find monitors. This monitor has a 1800r curve.

I think it will depends on what you do on the screen ?

An interesting thing is also a LG Dualup, big square Monitor. Instead of double wide it is double hight.

LG Dualup
LG 28MQ780-B
2560 x 2880 
16:18
Flat

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09XTD5C7H
I havenā€™t seen one IRL, but I guess it would fit on my small desk.

Seems like two 24" 1080p monitors on a mount would yield a similar experience. Or bump them up a size and use 1440p :man_shrugging:

I am currently using an older 34-inch curved Dell monitor, running at 2560x1080 resolution. One of its nice features is the integrated KVM functionality, which seamlessly allows me to control two separate computers using my Corsair keyboard and mouse.

Having experienced the immersive benefits of a curved screen, I find the idea of reverting to a flat monitor or multiple displays unappealing. I am contemplating an upgrade to a 49-inch, 21:9 aspect ratio monitor for an even more captivating visual experience.

1 Thank

No interest. Iā€™m happy with my BENQ SW321C. I use it for my photography job, and to edit multimedia associated with my wifeā€™s podcast.

1 Thank

You mean like this?

Corsair Xeneon Flex bendable gaming monitor

1 Thank

:exploding_head: The future is now! Maybe in a couple of years they wonā€™t cost 2 grand then haha

34" Ultra wides FTW!

I use both flat and curved, canā€™t say a really care either way, I like the format and resolution much more than flat or curved. I will say that if you pay attention you can get a Samsung SJ55W for under $200 at Walmart. Crazy great value. This past winter my local Walmart had them on an end cap at the rear of the store for $179. The only potential drawback is they are not height adjustable, if it was a problem Iā€™d get an arm.

Running a team of folks who spend all day on the computer I tried a few things for them.

Tried a 55" OLED ā€œmonitorā€. Although it was 4k and intended to replicate 4 screens with a VERY high quality picture it ended up not working out.

We also have another setup with two 49 Samsung G9s dual stacked. This is better than the OLED but folks didnā€™t love it.

Ended up we will now be fitting out 16 workstations with 4x 28" 4k dell displays as they were the best rated 4k displays per rtings.com.

Curves is nice but imo for power users, as most have shorter than 4k vertical resolution, you actually lose usability when compared to two side by side 4k monitors.
I would recommend getting the highest rated (best picture) monitor and put two side by side. In the end picture QUALITY will be your biggest gain (per any resolution)

Oh, and if you do a lot of email or document reading then one widescreen display rotated 90 degrees is fantastic