Custom built FW3A

Major Thanks to Master Modder INeedMoreLumens, who made me an offer I could not refuse.

Start with an FW3A w Original Driver, then add Lume Aux, 519a LEDs, and a T1616 MCU that allows the use of Anduril 2:

The FW3A w 18650, is the same size and lower weight as my HDS Rotary w 16340. The FW3A adds Aux, batt check, Anduril, and a pocket clip, that HDS lacks:

The TS10 is half the weight of his Big Brother:

18350 tube:

beam comparisons at 10 feet:

Under the hood:

11 Thanks

Congratulations! Nice work by @INeedMoreLumens :+1:

Doing the T1616 upgrade is my next challenge. I have an FW3A waiting and received some T1616s this week. I’m just waiting for some adapter boards to arrive from OSHPark.

Anduril 2 can be installed on the old T85 MCU, even with a single AUX channel, but a whole lot of features have to be deactivated for it to fit - see here. The T1616 mod allows 3-channel (e.g. RGB) AUX and has enough space for a fully-featured Anduril 2 build.

3 Thanks

Thats a real hot rod.

:wink: true
it does everything my TS10 w RGB modded to DD 4500K 519a can do… but with 3 times the battery life :wink:

3 Thanks

Very clean work @INeedMoreLumens
Are you happy @jon_slider ?

1 Thank

… collect all the good bits and mash them together , hehe , nice one :wink: :+1:

1 Thank

Super Happy!

It has all the things I like:
Tailswitch, Regulated Anduril, Firefly lows, Aux for the nightstand, DD 519a for the Tint DUV, 18650 for extra long runtime, great form factor, fully captive clip, and very low carry weight…

Its a Total Package, that works perfectly for me :wink:

1 Thank

I have the same with SW45 and I am super happy with it.
It’s my every day flashlight!
Also I put a metal ring for increase grams pressure in e-switch

Congrats on your sw45k mod :wink:

agree… O ring for the same reason:

1 Thank

Very nice mod jon_slider!

You made yourself an awesome flashlight. :+1:

Someday I may venture to do something similar with mine.

3030 7mm centering gaskets also work as a switch mod.

It’s slightly harder to press than a #008 o-ring.

I took the little nubbin out of mine when I did the mod.

This is spectacular.

agree! the mod is by INeedMoreLumens… Im just lucky to receive it… I dont have the skills to work with Aux

agree, removing the nubbin is the way :wink:

so true :wink:

1 Thank