Custom High power LED light bar

I’ll second that. I really value when things are “future proof” (is that even possible with electronics?), and fully support that! Imo it’s worth paying more for something that can be adapted and upgraded in the future.

If I opt for the external driver enclosure, and DTP LED stars then everything would be future-proof.

Alternatively, you could design the driver board to fit each LED with a standard and upgradeable off the shelf star. 20mm format is pretty standard nowadays, and likely will remain so. A short wire lead from contact points on the board, to the LED stars would allow you the large format for your driver, but ease of upgrading as well. A good compromise, imo.

Any updates, OP?

I will be coming out with a new design, and it will be for sale this year, I just need some time. Life has been busy lately, but this is has definitely not faded into the wind. I know people like to see regular updates but this time I will be posting updates once the new light bar is a physical prototype. Stay tuned. :wink:

Any updates, OP?

A teaser for you.

I like what I see so far!

Any chance youll offer a bit bigger of a light? Something like 4 spots and 6-8 floods.

Another teaser please

Parallelling current drivers should work if you add a couple of rectifier diodes to the V+ outs. In reality, no two drivers will output exactly the same voltage, so the current from the higher will backfeed into the lower. The diodes will prevent this. Like so:

When I started my light bar project a year and a half ago I searched for similar projects but somehow missed this thread. I like the design, we definitely think alike about a lot of things!

I really like your project zpinch! This is the ledbar i have always been looking for… and i would love to buy one once they are finished. Do you know what price you would sell them for? I could also consider donating/investing a smaller sum of money if it would help with the project.

regards
ejoewik1

This looks great! Id also like one if the price isn’t too steep. But where did zpinch go? I hope he is alright.

Hi guys, i like very much this thread and the work of zpinch on the lightbar. I would share with you my expearence. I have realized two spotlights for my Jeep installed on the front bumper , each one has:

- 1x CXA1850 , overdrive to 2.1A, theoretically about 6000lumen, lens Ledil mirella S (flood)

• 2x XHP35hi, ovredrive to 2A, theoretically about 2000 lumen each one, lens PL1672UN Khatod ultra narrow

Also the electronics is homemade, with 3 step-up converter. The results is very good in my opinion, soon I will post some photos of the lights and lighting performances. Now i will made two new spotlights, i’m thinking at this layout, for each spotlight

–1x cma1840, it shuld reach over 8000 lumen when overdrived (Flood).
–2x Xhp50.2 , overdrived to reach about 4000 lumen each one (Spot)

I should use Gaggione LLC56N for XHP50.2 leds (FWHB 8.5°) and LLC66N7 for the CMA1840 (FWHB 21.4°).
For a total of about 32k lumen.

Every comment or suggestion is welcome!!

Live and well guys, thanks for asking. I have been very busy with the project for the past year, it has taken the turn of a business venture now. I will post a few details/specs later today, but for now, here is a few pics of the first prototype, and 2nd prototype (which is in the mail on it’s way to me as we speak). I will post the V2 light bar pics up soon.

!!

!!

Are you modeling in Solid Edge or NX? SE is my go-to!

+1 on SE. Easily the best midrange cad program. (Autodesk Inventor isn’t bad either)

Here, the Bezel is as much as I want to show you guys for the time being.

!!

The output on the first bar was over 26,000 Lumens and almost 600,000 Cd.

I had it dialed all the way up to crazy at almost 450 watts and estimated over 40,000 Lumens. I measured over 11,000 Lux @ 28 feet from the Light, the new xhp-50.2’s really put out!

The new light will be, like the picture shows, a linear light with all 45mm optics. All you need to know for now is, the output is 12,000 Lumens per 11 Inch section, and if arranged with all spot optics, the intensity reaches 1,500,000 Cd in a 22 Inch Bar. :slight_smile: The light is very focused, and very effective.

NOTE: I use Alibre Design software, fantastic program, previously Geomagic Design…which was previously Alibre Design.

!!

I will get some beam shots of the previous light bar up soon, I don’t have the best camera/lens setup for capturing clear pictures, just a Sony A58 with stock lens (18-55), but I will do my best.

Stay tuned guys. :slight_smile:

This is getting interesting!
Looking forward to see where you go with this.