Customer says, "IT'S TOO BRIGHT!"

Couldn’t bother changing modes? Why does he even bother to get out of bed every morning What an idiot :expressionless:

TBH, I don’t actually recall many complaints except

1. I want x, y and z done for the cost of a 12 pack of busch (which = 1/4 cost of x), because I can only afford to skip drinking one for one day, and my gun is only worth the cost of x

2. I want you to do a job that takes 3 weeks in 3 days (ex., stripping and refinishing a stock…satin poly dries sloooow)

3. I did this ‘custom’ work myself. Now my gun is f’d and I want you to fix it for less than if you had done the work right the first time.

OK - Just talked to my buddy that owns the garage that this guy works at. I have come to the conclusion that he wanted it modified so he had something different from the other guys since I have equipped all the mechanics there with my torches.

I'm definitely going to ragg on him next time I see him. He told everyone that he should of got the three modes to begin with even though he called the rest of us idiots. LOL. What a guy eh?

Hey OL.... I was just playing with these lights... every danged one of them is TOO BRIGHT!! Can Ya Fix'em???? hehehe... Sorry, just had to!! I'm only banned from 6 or 8 businesses in Amarillo! Ha! Folks really don't like it when you JUST SAY IT!

Dan.

Oh... Make that 9... I can't go back in the Veterinarian's office either!!!

Maybe he just realized that his light was brighter than he was and couldn’t stand the shame.

Being on the buying end is tough too sometimes, a few recent events that happened to me:

I bought something for my car, the guy quoted me $23 postage so I paid for it then he added an extra $80 to the total and said it was for postage and “handling”. The part I was buying was 2nd hand and I could have bought one brand new from Malaysia including postage for less so I told him that and he lost it calling me a effing this and effing that and saying hes going to report me to eBay and PayPal and leave bad feedback etc. This guy owns a real wreckers so its not some random guy, he has been selling car parts for 20+ years from his yard as well.

Also at a popular automotive store down the road from me I bought a hand oil pump to pump it from the 20L barrel to the rocker cover to do oil changes, the pump didn’t fit properly, leaked oil all over the tin, leaked oil all over my motor, supposed to be 1L per 15 strokes so I did 45 strokes for 3L but ended up with 5L in my engine and had to drain some out. I told the guy this and he didn’t believe me and he went and got his boss, he told his boss “this guy reckons this and this guy reckons that” and the boss said he had sold lots of them and never had any problems. He said he cant give my money back unless he can get his money back from the supplier, so they rang the supplier and pretty much told them that they think I am lying to them but the supplier said he cant refund them unless he gets refunded by the manufacture so the shop had to call the manufacturer and ask them if they can get their money back and told them everything again. They said they have had problems with them (just about everything I described to them) and to send it back and they are making a new model in a few weeks that will fix the problems if I would like to wait and exchange it. I told them I just want my money back and I want to buy a different brand at a different store. That was about a hour and a half of 2 guys treating me like garbage and walking away ignoring me when I am trying to tell them the problems. At least I got my money back and got one that works perfectly for cheaper from another place.

And… I got new tyres fitted a few weeks ago, they scratched/gouged the bottom seal panels on my car on both sides where they clamped it up on the hoist. I went back there and complained about it and they told me to prove it, so I asked to go look at the clamps on the hoist because I had pictures on my phone where they had clamped it and they told me I’m not allowed in there. I said how am I meant to prove it then? He said “its not my problem” and walked off.

I won’t buy from any of those places again, if they were cooperative and tried to fix the problems easily I would be fine with and would have bought from them again if I needed to, but because they act like a-holes they wont be seeing any business from me and I will tell my friends and family to avoid them as well.

I won’t even start on when I tried to sell things online, buyers are so petty and ungrateful as well and have lied to eBay/PayPal to get what they want and it always costs me money for no gain.

P60 with 3A 1-mode driver overheats in 10 minutes and drains the battery in less than an hour. Too bright, hot & short lived for mechanic work. 1A with DC-fix diffuser would be about right for me.

$5.00 pair off dark sunglasses. Problem fixed.

Sorry to hear about those experiences… it seems that that is more the norm these days than the exception. For us in the NE section of the USA, it used to be that was mostly city attitude, unless the locals ID’d you as a city slicker and you treated them as a backwoods hick…

The customer is always right, except when he can be intimidate, browbeaten or pissed on… I have been on both sides of the coin, both personally and in my business. Mostly I try and do the right thing, treat customers the way I would want to be treated. But there is that percentage who come into the shop determined to rip us off or get away w something.

As per this thread, you can’t make everyone happy, no matter how good the product fits the needs.

Dang. #3 especially would bug the heck out of me. Anyway, it’s pretty cool that you do gunsmithing. Part of me has always wanted to pursue that.

First thing I thought of:

http://youtu.be/jA9SZZMqS4M?t=22s (from second 22) :slight_smile:
I worked with end customers a few years and strongly hope I will never need to do that again in my life.
I’m just not the right person for that task.

That’s the right attitude!
The light can’t be to bright, he only lacks proper eye protection. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have run into this in the automotive field many times. It usually costs WAY more to repair someone else's mistake.

haha, that’s a good reminder (for me) that the shoe fits the other foot. i shouldn’t work on autos lol