Programming the Quantum Dragon Driver Part 2 - Other Options

4 Thanks

Isnt the d4 in 18350 form smaller?

Length Diameter Price
CWF Peanut 72.4 mm 25.1 mm $579
FW3A 18350 62.7 mm 25.5 mm ~ $45

Yeah, “smallest 18350 flashlight”…

8 Thanks

Another one is the Thrunite T1, which isn’t quite as short as the Lumintop, but still smaller than this Peanut

Length: 69.5mm
Tube: 22mm

2 Thanks

There’s even a Titanium Lumintop FW3T (or Ti-CU version) with Titanium 18350 tube, but well hard to get nowdays, but it’s like still 4-5 times cheaper.

1 Thank

There’s also this thread, although it hasn’t seen an update for a while:

2 Thanks

And the Manker E14 III using the 18350 tube…

3 Thanks

Looks like the OP needs a new micrometer or measuring tape!:joy:

…And that price is outrageous.

What is so special about it to cost that much?

1 Thank

I really enjoyed your review but I hate to say that this light is rather uninteresting. :sweat_smile:

@ch1ir i’m comparing it to other McClicky customs.

Maybe you should change the title? That’s why you got all those responses/ examples.

You didn’t categorize it to a mcclicky custom.

6 Thanks

Great review. Nice vids. Thanks for doing all that.

For those who like small powerful 18350s, there is another smaller torch.

The awesome NOCTIGON KR4 QUAD, in 18350 its format, is only 2.68in / 68mm in length.

Very cool flashlight! Thanks for the video reviews. :+1:

Looks like the $579 peanut flashlights are already sold out. Amazing!

seems like i had a “jet” 18350 that was smaller

Clickbait gets the views. And it’s working, right? This thread and the video are getting the engagement.

You see it all the time on reddit and other places, there’s an obvious factual or even just grammatical error in the title - or even something that just drives some people mad and makes them want to tell off the OP. They leave a comment, maybe incite some debate/discussion - and the precious engagement numbers go up.

The kids would say “respect the hustle.” (I personally disagree, but it is a thing they say)

6 Thanks

I think @darosk nailed it. :+1:

1 Thank

It’s a very plain, uninspired looking host. Were they trying to keep manufacturing costs down so it’s more budget friendly…??

1 Thank

There appears to be surface discontinuity / witness marks on the bezel face?

1 Thank

Yeah it is amazing. It looks like a cool light, but for close to $600, I can’t justify it. Especially when I can get a light that performs close (or better) for under $100. So, other than the Titanium, what makes it so expensive?

I would say, because it’s a small batch American made light.

I know this will shock a lot of people, but most American made custom lights I’ve collected are $700 and up. So to me, an avid customs collector, the price doesn’t seem shocking.

1 Thank