DB Custom's 4th Annual Old-Lumens Scratch Build

Looking forward to it.

I’d be in, along for the ride even without promises of what’ll be inside.

You’ve already thrown in poetry and honored one of our best, in my mind you’ve already won this contest.

That’s about it for my rhymes… used up… all done, but along the way I had some fun.

Justin brought up “unique and unusual”. That sums you up pretty well Dale. Wait, was he talking about the flashlight? :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t wait to see what you bring to the table brother! :+1:

Can’t wait to see what “different” is going to look like this year. None of these will be off-the-shelf types.

Good luck Dale! I will be closely following your build.

Buck

Hey Buck! Long time no see!

This project is going to have probably as much hand work as machine, so it’s gonna be something else to pull off.

I like the challenge though, like remaking the bezel for my little 18350 Quad light out of Titanium this evening. Ugh! hahaha

Got most of the build figured out, need to put it on paper and then I’ll start giving some clues… :wink:

Well let’s have it man!! :confounded:

:slight_smile:

Watch out for the glowing gator! :smiley:

13’ night light, huh Hoop? :wink:

Heh heh heh…. :smiling_imp:

Just making sure you haven’t forgotten this topic :smiley: I am also very much looking forwards to your build! The best of luck as well.

Great build-up. Lots of eyes on this one. This is gonna be fun!

This is gonna be a mess. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am going to build a big light. There will be machining involved but probably not readily visible. A lot of hand work as well, with things being done that the lathe can’t do.

First hint, I am looking at the light being 8” in diameter and probably 30” long. :wink:

Bazooka light

I’m envisioning a mortar shooting light beams to the moon!

Robert nailed it. Aiming to create a massive bazooka, complete with a laser guidance aiming system. :slight_smile:

Too big, really, as bazooka’s weren’t 8” diameter, but I found a good deal (thanks for the head’s up MEM!) on a 7” condenser lens made by Edmunds… how could I resist?

Advertise it on movieprops.wtf, maybe you’ll get to collect royalties.

Dale? Photos? At least of the 7" lens?

LOL.

Dale, stop messing around with that other light that you’ve now changed over a dozen times, and get to work on this bazooka! :expressionless:

Please? :innocent:

Haha, yeah it seems to be done by now :stuck_out_tongue: We are all curious about the bazooka :+1: