[DD] Protected TF 18650s, pair @ $6.71 shipped

I ordered C8 and it came today. I know that DD has slightly fishy reputation (summer is really trying to correct that) but despite that I was a little bit surprised that flashlight came without stainless steel bezel. If you carefully read item description they don't mention SS bezel but pictures suggest otherwise (http://www.dinodirect.com/flashlight-900lumens-5mode.html) And this is really to cheesy even for DD.

Otherwise flashlight is quite good. There are few cosmetic glitches and as usual lens rattles when pill is tightened all the way, reflector and led were clean and without significant imperfections. Current at tail cap is 2.5A/1.15A/0.11A.

Overall not a bad deal due to the lower price but it still leaves bad aftertaste ...

got my Trustfire protected today from DD. Shipped at 4.09V Mine are protected thankfully. Protection circuit is at the top, I have heard most are at the bottom? Unfortunately the batteries from DD arrived before my C8 from KD. Guess I'll just roll them around...

There is no protection on the top it's always on the bottom

I haven´t heard of batteries, with circuit on top of them. Do you have any pics of them?

I have a JPEG of one. How do I insert it here? I use a Mac. Thanks.

this is my 1st purchase of an 18650 battery. I was under the impression that the little ribbed area on top of the battery was the protection circuit? Is that not true? Does it need one of these ribbed areas on the bottom also? Mine do not have it on the bottom. Any other way to tell? I have some pictures, they are JPEGS. I will gladly post them if someone can tell me how. Thanks again.

patrick

can someone see this and tell me if it's protected? What sort of a link do you need to post a picture here? I do it in a photography forum often. Thanks.

Sorry…unprotected.

Hi Johnny Mac. Are you 100% certain from the picture it is unprotected? It almost feels and looks like it has that wire coming down the side but there is no tapering off at the base of the battery?

Do you know how to find the chat feature at DD, or how to contact them? Thanks Johnny.

Saypat look closely at the wrapper on the top battery in the picture and then look at yours see were it says "high capacity without memory" below it it should say " precise digital protection circuit" on them?

Hello E1320. That's pretty simple. Mine don't say it! That's a whole lot easier than trying to see a wire running down the side or a bulge on the bottom side, etc. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Sharon 19:57:36
sorry for bring you inconvenice,we do regret to send you the wrong item,the item cost $ 6.71 ,shall we give you $8 giftcard for this?Using the giftcard you can pay as cash for your next purchase,is that ok?
saypat 19:58:28
I would like to have the right item sent to me if I could....
Sharon 19:59:50
sorry for the error description,because the item is unprotected
Sharon 20:00:06
sorry for this,would you please using the giftcard to purchase another one?
saypat 20:00:28
use the giftcard to purchase protected battery?
Sharon 20:00:51
you can choose another item
saypat 20:01:08
do u have the protected Trustfire Battery?
Sharon 20:01:53
would you please check it on our website?
saypat 20:03:42
you have them for $8.39
Sharon 20:04:13
I will give you $9 giftcard ,is that ok?
saypat 20:04:30
yes, but how do I know you will send me the right items next time?
Sharon 20:05:15
if the item is wrong ,please contact us as soon as possible
saypat 20:05:32
don't send me the wrong item again
saypat 20:05:44
check it first before u send it
Sharon 20:06:00
ok

If you do order the other protected batteries, I hope you get the right one this time. Good luck!

The CS chat seems... promising?

thanks for the good thoughts. if they send unprotected ones again, guess I will get another free pair of them and another gift card ":o) I should read up on the use of unprotected cells...

Sorry for the inconvenience, and I have contacted our product-centre and delivery department, and the product we purchase are all protducted cells, and we will send the right cells to all of you.

Seeing summer making it work here, I'm pulling the trigger to purchase some 2100 and some batteries. I hope it will be a good experience.

This is may not be my place to speak ....considering I didn't order these and aren't waiting on batteries ...or have recieved batteries I didn't order ...

I know this can be frustrating .

But i also know what it's like to have a vendor not talk to you ,not answer emails and drag things out to 45 days and then 90 days ... If dino direct is shipping as fast as they are and handling problems like it appears they are here than IMHO this is like heaven .. this is as good as it will ever get .

So if you're new and this is your first experiance with a problem on an order ...Cherish this moment ..

your next experiance with a chinese vendor will seem like a picnic with Satan himself ./Just a heads up to the noobies ..

can I get a witness ?