Dead ITP A3 Eos, need replacement EDC light

Hey guys, my ITP A3 eos went through the wash. I have left it by the woodstove for a couple days but it still doesn’t work. I am surprised it didn’t survive this.

Anyway, I need a replacement light. I see that the Olight i3 has replaced the ITP A3?

The thing I really don’t like about the i3 is that the split ring is off to the side and not on the back, this won’t work well for me.

Are there any other lights that are very similiar to this light? I like having a 3 mode (no strobe) and I do like the twist head on an EDC light. I don’t really want a light bigger than the A3, maybe just a tiny bit bigger would be ok.

EDIT- The Fenix LD01 looks like a solid AAA edc light, but its longer and 50% more than the ITP A3 EOS, and less output.

Hi,

Was the ITP A3 EOS that you had the upgraded version, which is 96 lumens, e.g.:

http://www.amazon.com/iTP-A3-EOS-Flashlight—Upgrade/dp/B006K5C2EG/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1363740918&sr=1-1&keywords=itp+a3+eos

I have that one, and there’s a small “nub” at the end where the split ring goes, i.e., so you can’t tailstand it. I’ve been carrying this one my beltloop.

There’s the Maratac AAA (rev 2), 115 lumens:

the black one is slightly more expensive than the ITP upgraded (there’s also a copper one, that’s like double that).

Jim

You could try packing it in some dry rice or silica gel for a few days. Don’t try to turn it on. We did this with a digital camera that went through a wash and it actually worked.

Thanks, I might try that. I ended up ordering a Fenix LD01 on ebay for $30 shipped anyway!

Ahh nice! Well I hope it works, then you’ll have both. :bigsmile:

I just got a Tank007 EO9. What a brilliant little AAA light it is. Got it from Manafont for £9 or so. Seriously struggle to see why you’d spend more on anything else.

It’s really really bright on 1xEneloop. And I’m staggered by the throw is has from such a tiny light.

I know this is the budget light forum, so I understand what you are saying. I am all about budget lights, in fact I sold all of my higher-end lights and use only SK-68’s around the house and stuff. But for EDC i just wanted something a little higher-end. It should look nice in my EDC kit with my EDC knifes and firearms. I was considering the Tank007 as well. I had narrowed it down to the Tank 007, Thrunite TI, Fenix LD01, or another ITP A3 Eos.

I read a bunch of reviews last night, including a really in depth informative review posted by someone here on BLF that actually compared the lights I listed above, and his favorite out of them was the LD01, even factoring cost into the equation.

The thing that puts me off the E09 is the modes. I really wish more budget light manufacturers would make L>H instead of the other way round.

I don’t.

But that said it has memory, so it might by default be H-M-L. But if you leave if on low, it’ll turn back on in low. And guess what the next mode is then H :wink:

So you could argue it’s mode selection is actually L-H-M.

:slight_smile:

BTW - I only bought the Tank on a whim as I actually wanted an i3 Eos as I had bought one for a friend recently.

In reality I think the Tank is a better light. The fit & finish is certainly as good and it doesn’t appear budget at all.

The threads are lovely and smooth and very easy to operate one handed, even for me being a lefty. It’s also brighter than the Eos is.

Lastly I love the beam profile. Nice tightish hot spot with massive throw and extremely wide spill. The Eos has a MOP reflector and a smoother beam, I think I’d prefer the Eos for map reading or similar, but the throw of the Tank makes it much better if you are outside.

Anyhow, on a different note, have you seen this: BLF Edition ThruNite Saber 1A Group Buy - $19.99

A BLF branded group buy. Ok its an AA not AAA so will be a bit bigger. But at $20 it might be worth a punt.

I’m curious, what do you use the E09 for? I have a TK-703 and it’s very bright and definitely more of a thrower. I expect it’s similar to if not the same as the E09. But, I do not really need this sort of light day to day, which is why I got the Preon P0 (for the flood and lows).

I agree.
The Tank is excellent and not pricey, and very powerful for 1xAAA (but short runtime) in high

Just general use tbh. It only came this week.

The only dislike I have is it doesn’t have a clip, so goes on with my keys instead. The i3 Eos is better in this regard.

Uses so far have been some close up work, checking the back garden, shutting the chickens in and general around the house kind of stuff, putting the bins out sort of thing.

It’s powerful enough that it’s quite usable in open spaces. The med mode is ideal for close up, high is a little glaring. I don’t really have much use for low lows.

I suspect many of the AAA lights are great, but for the money the Tank007 Eo9 is well worth it’s asking price. As a backup light on a key chain I think it is far superior to the BLF Mini.

Ahh, thanks. :slight_smile: I wondered how the medium was close up too.

Here is the review from a member here that led me to choose the Fenix LD01 over the other lights I was considering. I think at $30 shipped for the LD01 from a USA seller, I got a good deal.

A couple excerpts:

i have both and the E09 s3 is very bright, quite a bit brighter than the LD01… the LD01 does have an excellent beam pattern, but is much more floody. fit and finish of both were fine with my copies… I got the LD01/E01 combo pack (~$35).

as far as ‘useability’… i’m a newb in flashlights, but from my observations in close quarters/indoors the LD01 works great! the E09 can be used indoors as well but has a much tighter spot… that said the ambient/reflected light that it creates is also quite functional. Outdoors, the throw of the E09 works better imho…

I have some 10400s on the way… the LD01 will stay on eneloops… can’t wait to try the Tank with the li-ions!!

either way you get a great light… however, for the price (and what you get) E09 s3 is my pick!…

Fenix rocks! It’s well regulated, efficient and durable. I have had some other AAA lights, including Itp A3. I would still choose LD01 though it is at least twice as expensive.

The cheapest I found an ITP A3 Eos upgraded was $20 shipped on amazon. I got the LD01 for $30 shipped so its only 50% more. I had no complaints about my ITP A3 Eos, so I think I will like the LD01 as much or more.

Tracking info says it will be here tomorrow, that was quick!

If the dry rice or silica gel doesn’t help will you attempt to repair your ITP A3 eos? :frowning:
I’m guessing the driver is epoxied? Still, if the driver is dead anyway it could be dug out with some careful effort. There are a couple 13mm drivers around, might be able to file one down to 12mm.

If your not interested in attempting a repair I would be happy to give it a new home!
I might be a hopeless aaa light addict… :party: