Deal alert; 18650 size zoomie $3.50 e-bay

I got mine today and they are pretty much what I expected. XP-E emitters. Nice for the price. I’ll probably stick Nichia 219’s on sinkpads in mine along with a nanjg driver.

What is your estimate of MAX lumens as they are now? 300/400?

Thanks

My guess is somewhere around 150 OTF (never seen the light, so that's just a guess).

Darn,I was hoping it would be comparable to my TK75VN “KT”. 3800 Lumens/ 310Kcd!!! :smiley:

Whatever it is I can’t complain…considering the price! :wink:

Howdy, It’s probably in the 150 range. Tons of run-time the way it is. The driver that is in it can be modded. It’s next mode memory and that can be removed by running a pencil across the top of the capacitor. Jump any of the four resistors that are in a row and that will also increase the amps. Stick in an XP-G2 or Nichia along with that and you have a super nice light for the price. Even stock it’s a pretty nice little light.

Thanks,I am not as mechanically inclined as a lot of you guys! I think I will leave as is!

The only modded lights I have were done by someone else!!..…Vinh and Michael Johnson :slight_smile:

Does it have a hollow pill? Could someone possibly tell me how long the light is in flood mode?

Yes it does have a hollow pill. however a small noctigon or sinkpad fits in very tight. With that in place it’s transferring plenty of heat to the outside of the light, enough to get blistering hot if you drive it hard enough.

It’s 116mm in flood mode and 125mm zoomed (five inches).

Thanks Brad. I think I’ll add a couple of pennies if it will fit.

You would have to shave them down or use a punch to punch a disc out of one. The inside of the pill is slightly smaller than a dime.

Yeah I drill a hole, put it on my rotary tool, and file it down until it’s the right diameter. I meant if there is room depth-wise between the driver and back of the star.

I would say there is room for two of them. Close anyway.

This head is an attack head!
Very sharp edges, will rip up a pocket if not deburred.
I took one of mine to the bench grinder for a visit, has no bumps now >)

Changed the driver to a 2 mode from FT, now pulls 1.80 amps on a fresh cell and actually does not drop that much which is surprising as the star only sits the edge of the pill. Has a nice low too.
I have a better lens for it, but it is thinner at the lip and is loose, can’t seem to find an o-ring in my stock the right size to use as a spacer, may have to grind the head down some as well if there are enough threads below the ring that is.

18sixfifty, have you tried the “grind down the sliding tube trick” yet to get wider flood like with the no name AA Zoomer from a few months ago?
I may have to try that as well, why not, it’s a $3.50 light :smiley:
It’s no wider than the Ultra OK SK68 clone and really no brighter with the SK68 on a 14500.
But it has modes.

Later,
Keith

Nope I haven’t tried it yet on this one, let me know how it goes. I actually got three of them in so I’ll be playing around with them quite a bit. It’s always fun to see just how good you can make such a cheap light. I will be taking off the attack bezel as well, I don’t see myself fighting off any of the bears that hang out around my place with this one.

Could someone possibly show a picture of the emitter on the pill? I want to see how deep it sits in the pill. Ideally a zoomie’s emitter should come relatively close to the lens to get a big flood spot.

Nice thing about these cheap lights is they are begging to be modded and if you screw one up you can afford to toss it into the trash can .

These will have a more standard easier to find lots of parts or options to make them any way you like .

Buy three de-dome one ,lose the second and make the third do 5.6 A

My internet is still very messed up so I can barely get a pic to download. But the pill is very shallow. The emitter is close to flush with the top of it.

Right on, that’s why I love these cheap little lights like this. Lot’s of fun and very little downside to messing with them.

Could someone that already received their light kindly report the o.d. of the crown? My order is intended for someone that needs a wand attachment.