Deal Alert: 26650 - UniqueFire UF-2180 - $19.73

cehowardGS, I know the Keygos M10 takes 26650 cells, I have one and it’s a great light.

If your cell still tests ok, you can probably get some shrink wrap the right size from an electronics supply company, here I would go to Jaycar, and with a heat gun re-wrap the cell. If you ask nicely, they might sell/give you a few inches the right size

Thanks for the warning (about stripping the battery), cehowardGS. I will check if mine has arrived tomorrow.

I won’t be surprised that both the good-fitting and ill-fitting lights came from the same production line. And the tooling setup went off from its original setting towards the later stage of production. And instead of rejecting the bad batch, the factory simply downgraded them to 18650 lights. IMHO, the 3xAAA option would not be practical for the T6 consumption anyway. I will try to re-work the inner diameter on mine. If not, I will just use them as 18650 lights.

BTW, did you get to compare the light output with the dealextreme(26650) version?

Update:

After reading the responses, I looked at the light again, even though I have already sent the seller a note about not having an 3xAAA adapter and advertising as such.

I went and got the light that I got from DX for $25.10… This light is EXACTLY like it in every detail except the battery chamber is tight or I could say under-spec.

As I had stated earlier, this light destroyed one of my TF Flame 26650. Also, it would not take my Keygos 26650 cell either. This time, to be sure I went and tried another TF Flame 26650 and this one went in, and the light worked. However, it was tight, not forcefully tight, but I had to push it, and it did scrap some of the covering off the cell, as you will see in the picture. Now, this makes my first opinion that this is a defective or under spec unit of the same light that is being sold on DX for $25.10.

The light with the lanyard attached is the one I go off Ebay and is advertised as 1x18650 and 3xAAA light. Also, in the pictures, you can see the TF Flame that the cover was completely scrapped off and caused sparks and a flame to come from the cell. The other TF Flame cell, it can be seen where it scraped a little off of that one, but it went in the light and it worked. Making this a 26650 light, with an underspec or small battery chamber. The Keygos 26650 will not fit at all in the light from Ebay, but it fits in the one from DX!!!

I haven’t got a chance to compare the light output to the one from DX. Will do that later on.

On the Keygos M10, I know it is a great light!! :smiley: I got 3 of them! One souped up with a better driver by a member here. The M10 is my favorite light. All my lights have short form factor as I used them on my bicycles.

On the TF Flame, I might have suffer the lost on that one… Not proficient enough to make that move. :slight_smile:

WOW!!! thank goodness you are OK. One of the reasons I prefer unprotected cells is that its just the bare cell, theres no wiring to short. The metal strip that runs the length of the protected cell to power the circuit can short either against the -B metal can, or as you have seen against the battery tube in a light if the outer heatshrink is violated.

It probably should be noted to NEVER (EVER) force a cell into its battery tube. I had a fenix MC10 that was like that… it would not accept eneloop cell, while Alkaline was fine. I returned it to Frys and got another one that fit NiMH cell just fine.

Looks like shoddy manufacturing quality for that one light… like the tube was made under-tolerance.
Curious, does an unprotected cell fit?

I only have protected 26650 cells. Two TF Flames, and two Keygos 26650 cells. On the battery tube, there is a copper lip on each end, and that could be the fault.

Also, the seller is not advertising this light as a 26650 light, so I can’t claim anything on that fault. However, they do claim it is a 3xAAA light, which IMO, it does not.

purple and others, I need an opinon here.

I don’t want to seem like a nit picker, but here is the deal. This light was advertised as an 1x18650 and/or 3xAAA… However, it came only with an adapter for an 18650! If it was at true 18650 light, why would it need an adapter for it main cell, the 18650?? In addition, it came with NO adapter for the 3xAAA.

I wrote seller a not and told him that his item was not as described, and explained above. He replied that “it doesn’t come with battery so sorry”!!

I am a little warm on this. I am ready to open a case for “item not as described”… This appears to be the same light on DX for $25.10 but defective!

Am I being a nit picker or am I correct to pursue a case against this seller?

Thanks in advance…

BTW, here is the light… Sorry for the hi-jack too… :wink:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110860011474?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&\_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

That's a tough one, ce. Is $20 really worth the hassle? When we shop for the best deal, sometimes we get burned. Seems this seller was pretty careful to describe it as you got it. I agree it's probably an early production 'mistake' for a light that was intended to be a 26650, but he never claimed it to be one. Even if he had supplied the 3AAA holder, it's doubtful it would have run properly or at all.

In my very humble opinion, this is my take on the matter:

When you first highlighted a week or so ago, that there was no statement of 26650 compatibility - I had thought that the seller had mistaken the 18650 sleeve to be the 3xAAA holder. Further checks on TomTop, I found that his/her product description was mostly cut and pasted from there. So yes, you do have a case of wrong product description (ie: no 3xAAA holder).

But on the other hand, based on your testing, it seems that the problem can be solved with a heavy-grade round file, a vice clamp and 20 minutes of elbow grease. Compared to the time, effort and success rate of pursuing product claims with chinese sellers - I will go the DIY route myself and chalk this down to experience.

But we all handle things differently.

If a 18650 fits tight, a 18650 doesn’t fit well if not installed with an adapter (maybe a “2+5+650” to 18650), so this item needs two adapters and the seller did not include any of them…
Open a case and return the item if seller pays shipping cost.

Thanks for replies. I am leaning toward chalking this one up. Only going as far as asking the seller to make it right. Also, although I am fumber finger with anything mechanical, the burring out of the tube should do the trick, if I can get it done correctly.

Again, thanks for the feedback…

by your logic purple, if you really want the 3 AAA carrier, it’s probably less hassle just to buy a couple and save yourself the grief. I personally wouldn’t bother lodging a dispute over a $2 item. Sure, make it clear to the seller, which you have done, and maybe next time they will make it up to you on a deal. I have found all the Chinese ebay sellers honourable and happy to help if they can, most have included extras with purchases if you buy a few items. One I bought 3 or 4 lights and batterie sets off included an extra pair of cells.

3AAA Batery Carrier

cehowardGS, do you have a dremel with a sanding drum? That would do a pretty neat job on your battery tube if it is only a burr causing the scoring. You could also wrap some sandpaper around a piece of broom handle and use that the same way. It would be less savage than a round file, but still effective. Make sure to clean everything well after too. Good luck

Thanks, that is what I plan on doing. Also, after explaining to the vendor exactly what I was talking about, he offered me a $2 refund. :lol:, I explain to the vendor that no light supposed to have TWO adpaters!! I told him this light was intended to be a 26650 light, that is why the battery chamber is so large. Anyway, the vendor is giving me a $5 refund. I wasn’t going to open a case on anything, but I was going to explain to the vendor that what he was selling the descrption was vague.

I like the short form factor of this light. It works good on my bike and my helmet…

Looks good mounted on your helmet. Is it shorter than the M10?

Wow….that’s dangerous. Glad the 26650 didn’t flame.

For those who can appreciate such a format, just bite the bullet go for the JM07 in T6 3C, you won’t regret it.

Yes, it is shorter than the M10, makes it even better for my bikes. However, the M10 is a lot cheaper than this light. The M10 and look alikes can be had for $18.99 to $23.00, whereas, this one is mostly at DX for $25.10, and this is the only instance of seeing it for under $20. Also, this one has the defect, whereas, the one on DX works with 26650, and 18650, and if this design can take a 3xAAA adapter, you can add that in too…

Got it today. Tight hotspot. Fairly good build quality. Solid feel. Spicy output! Very much worth it!

Hi ce,

Sorry to hear about your mishap with the 26650 - glad nothing serious happened.

Although I have already ordered an M10 off eBay, I was also originally considering the DX $25.10 light and only decided on the M10 after reading all the positive reviews (including yours - thks!) plus the fact that it was about $5 cheaper. Anyway, when i saw the $19.08 price posted above for what looks like the same DX light, I was all ready to pull the trigger but fortunately I held off just long enough to finish this thread. I did check out the eBay listing but never thought of checking the battery config - assuming (like you did, I presume), that it would be the same as the DX model.

I am glad the seller is at least willing to go part-way to ease the misunderstanding. It also looks like he has now taken off the reference to 3XAAA in the description. I guess the lesson I have learn from this is that it may be safer to buy from a source that others have bought from for a particular model and that there may be instances of off-spec products being pushed out cheaply through eBay.

I told the vendor it would be better to take the 3aaa off the advertisment, because a light shouldn’t have to use TWO ADAPTERS. I also told him that this is almost or is, the same light selling at DX, but with a slight smaller batter chamber. Seems like they took my advice. :wink:

That is why it needs an adapter to use a 18650. I had a buddy use his dremel tool, and reamed on the inside of both ends of the battery tube. Will see if that will work.

All and all, the M10 is the winner, because of price and no slips. I had one slip up with an M10, but had a fellow poster add another driver and now that works. I got 3 M10s… :wink: