Deal Alert: LiFePO4 AAA 2pcs + AAA dummy for $1.89

ENDED. Thread closed. :slight_smile:

http://www.focalprice.com/EB0097X/Coolook_200_mAh_32_V_AAA_10400_LiFePO_4_Lithiumion_Batteries_2pcs.html#.UJOX_LHMibs

Now I DON’T KNOW if this battery is total POS or not, but it seems to be a very good deal. At the very least you get the dummy AAA (this is why I’m buying).

At 3V you can use this and one dummy to replace 2xAAA, for remote and stuff. 200mAh seems ok, and if this is true LiFe, it should have inherent LSD quality.

Does LiFePo4 degrade over time (despite using them or not) similar to Li-Ion?

Does LiFePo4 tolerates better than Li-ion the high current discharges?

Does LiFePo4 suffers if discharged below a certain value similiar to Li-ion?

Should them be suitable for single AAA flashlights such as itp A3 eos?

Does LiFePo4 degrade over time (despite using them or not) similar to Li-Ion?
• Yes, but with better tolerance. Lower self discharge than normal LiCo.

Does LiFePo4 tolerates better than Li-ion the high current discharges?
• Yes, higher power but lower energy density.

Does LiFePo4 suffers if discharged below a certain value similiar to Li-ion?
• Yes, around 2.8V. However the tolerance is better than LiCo.

Should them be suitable for single AAA flashlights such as itp A3 eos?
• If the driver allows 3.3V then yes.

I used to pull A123 LifePO4 cells out of older model 36v Dewalt power tool batteries for use in home-made battery packs for brushless RC monster trucks. I once had one of those 36v packs sitting around for about 4 years (without a charge) before I pulled it apart, and the cells were still putting out 2100+ mAh after a charge.

I’m not sure about other brands, but A123 cells in particular, especially amongst RC Aircraft enthusiasts, had a reputation for being some of the most robust (abuse tolerant) cells available.

Thanks Pulsar13. At least in paper, LiFePo4 seems very good… but now the question is if those batts sold by focal are good or not

Well, Coolook brand has been around and tested good (see AA version test here). The AA scored 509mAh @1A, that is very good. And Focalprice is quite strict on fakes. I doubt there are fakes anyway, the brand isn't popular enough.

These sell for around $4 elsewhere.

Have you received it?
I haven’t.

Nope. They seem to change the delivery company for some reason, probably first shipment was rejected (this was the time when China customs opens and rejects all li-ions).

But I had to open dispute already as it is going past PP dateline. 18 more days and I have no choice but to file claim.

Me neither.

I also opened dispute.

So they response:

is completely irrelevant.
Good to know.
Time wasters.

Mine was sent with a tracking number!! This was a DHL number and I got a link where
I could follow my packet.

It showed that it was sent from Singapore (!) and received in my country. Unfortunately
DHL here could not recognize the number and they could not open the link to the supposedly
DHL site in SG. After a search could inform me that the packet could not be found anywhere.

I think they try to cheat. I dont think that any will get the batteries. They have not sent any.
The price is so low that they recon that many buyers just dont want to use their time to get their
money back. Nice little income for them.

I have made a claim, as I dont want them to get away with it.

My order never showed up either. Infiled a PP claim and they responded with saying it was reshipped. Must have been true as I did get them. I think my first order got lost. It took 40 days or so to get the cells

Dang it, I was hoping to get this.

To be fair, I’ve had 7 previous orders with FP and they were all properly received. This is the first shipment that didn’t get through, incidentally it also coincided with the crazy no-li-ion shipment timeline. Sigh. I’m thinking all the batteries were flushed down the drain by china customs.

doubt that,
they were returned and blatantly ignored by FP

I have not received also, and PP dispute period has ended.
I have just contacted the CS.

Still not received, it’s around 60days now. Escalated to PP claim, and got my refund. Very quick response from PP this time.

This deal is not happening. FP may have not honored this deal after all, with so many not receiving their items, this is no isolated incident. Milan is probably right, the items probably were returned to FP and ignored. Sorry for this, guys.

Don’t worry about it. The batteries are 3.2v. I have a Xtar WP2 and can’t charge them without damage. I have no use for 3.2v cells. The dummy is nice. I can use a 10440 and the dummy in my 2 AAA penlights to give them a little boost.

My Pelican 1920, Streamlight Stylus Pro and Streamlight Pro-Tac 2AAA all really come alive with a 10440.

I had a package sit at the post office for a month waiting for me to pick up but the delivery notice had been misplaced by either the postman or myself. You should go in (with picture ID) and ask. They brought it out when I asked about it.