Deal alert Trustfire 3xT6 $25 amazon

Its a great light, almost SRK output without as much heat problem on 3 cells. At least thats how mine came :slight_smile: With 3x3400mAh it goes over 1.5hr runtime on high straight, without burning your hand off (with hand as heatsink in the cool night air while hiking 2-3mph, not in your bedroom…).

I wish that mine was simply poor threads, but they are incompatible threads. I had gotten out my thread combs and a file and was going to clean them up a bit when I realized that the threads on the extension tubes and tailcap were of a courser pitch than those on the body. Parts were obviously mixed up somewhere.

Which seller did you use?

Your light is sinking more current with 3 cells than with 2…

WTF.

Yes Digi. The light looks like it is very well made! It’s a shame to send it back.

Found this, 3 cell Ultrafire:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/UltraFire-3000-Lumen-3-CREE-XM-L-XML-T6-flash-light-Aluminum-Alloy-LED-Flashlight-Torch/874420654.html

Looks good body wise (has the big diameter heat sink fins like the Trustfire). I wonder what driver it would have.

I ordered one from Yes Digi as well. I'll report when it arrives.

What seller did you get yours from? (and did it come with the 3-battery extension?)

Got my Trustfire 3T6 from Amazon, came in a nice printed box with ext. tube. I have a Sky Ray 3T6 (2xcell), the Trustfire is about equal brightness on 2 cells, brighter on 3. The ext. tube threads on perfectly.

Thanks for the reply! I think I’ll order another one and try again. I really want to DRY driver this thing.

I just compared, the Trustfire's tube threads are finer than my Sky Ray's. No way are they going together without damaging something.

Sounds good Gj. Thanks for reporting. Do you know if your light has the capability to run on one cell? You probably already know how to check. Just in case, you can find out by putting one of the DMM probes down in the tube to reach the cell and then touch the other probe to the tail of the body (with the DMM in current measuring mode).

You all probably already know this too. If your drivers look like the one in this thread, you can add resistors on top of (or in place of) the resistors shown in the picture. Your driver may also look more the one in the third pic of the OP. Both use the same resistance values to achieve desired current to the emitter.

Yes, lights up @~.9A using the XL830L meter from Tmart, stock leads. 3400mAH Panasonics.

2 cells: ~2.9A

3 cells: ~1.65-1.7A

Actually no batteries in package.

Next to the Sky Ray 2 cell 3T6.

TR head looks a lot like a C12.

Thanks Gj. That definitely looks and sounds like the real deal. Nice score.

I’m following in Gj’s footsteps. Bought one from Yes Digi, should be here Wednesday. This is kinda my dad’s fault. He bought me an Eneloop starter pack from Costco, so I had to get something to use them in. :3

How are you going to use Eneloops in a 18650 light?

The TR-3T6 is known for running on 4 NiMh's with the extension tube (at least with the original driver). See post #72.

-Garry

It made sense voltage wise, but I didn't realize 4AA's would fit so well without needing a spacer or something. Good to know, thanks for the link too.

Works very well on Duraloops.