Deal Alert - UltraFire T90

Been wanting one of these bad boys for some time now. Just under $70 after LEDWALLBUYS14 coupon.

Picture from WB site, but originally taken by Relic.

Wow looks like it would have some throw to it.
Good deal too.

Nice to see you 4wheeler! (lpf)

Hey Tmack. I think Relic approached 400kcd with a dedomed xml2. So it won't come close your lights. Relic has a nice review here. I'm going to turn mine into more of a general purpose light with a dedomed MT-G2. I like my throw to have a big hotspot.

Give the current a little nudge and it’ll be well up there. 400 by just dedoming is very good. Lots of potential here if that 400kcd is on the stock driver.

Love the tint of a dedome mtg2. My Mx25l3vn is dedomed and just has a great tint to it. Sure will be a beauty when you’re through.

Found the mod thread. He reach 367kcd. Sounds like he went with stock current of 7 amps, but may adjusted it down to 6 amps. Can't tell.

Hmmm, I just noticed a posting later in the review thread from back in early 2013 saying this light was $77 at WB's. Is it always that price there? Why is $120 to $160 every where else I have looked?

I think I’ve seen it around $90 in two other places.

Sorry, but it shouldn't go for more than $50 bucks. The SST-90 is an outdated led. They price those leds at a surreal cost. Look at KD prices for the P bin SST-90, it's crazy, it's ought to be illegal to rip someone off that much. Luminus must control the minimum price and they must feel they got something special.

If you’re looking for throw, the tk61 is the last place to look. Vinh is getting 622kcd at 1400lm heavily modded.

I should have it in a week……… I hope!

But this light may not be far behind, and it’s much cheaper.

Darn, it's already shipped too. Well, it still seems like a good host to me. Plenty of heat sinking, decent sized reflector, decent driver, and runs on 26650's. It's also the best price I've seen so far new.

Looking forward to hearing how that light works for you Tmack. Please do a review thread if you have the time.

Oh you pulled the trigger on it.? Shipped already?

I will definitely do a review. Will be my first! I may have to include my Tk75vn killerthrow too.

Tmack please do a review on your TK75! I have heard several people say they got the TK75vn but nobody has posted any results. My brother (rdrfronty) just tested the TK61 and it is a monster but I want to see what he does with a TK75.

I did get up to 367kcd with a dedomed XM-L2 at ~7A with less than ideal emitter placement. Once I tried to get the alignment improved, something happened to the emitter and it is down to 280kcd or so. I think I broke one bond wire because there is smoke coming from the emitter and one wire looks very black. I never got around to dedoming a new emitter. I think with some time to fix emitter placement, this would crack 400kcd. It’s a fun light, and I paid a heavily discounted price as a reviewer. For around $70, it’s only worth it if you really like long heavy lights and plan to do the emitter swap (MT-G2 or dedomed XM-L2).
To be honest, there probably better mod hosts out there for around the same cost. I think that new Courie (sp?) 3x18650 ‘big head’ light with the huge reflector for around $40 is a great host for the price (sight unseen). With more free time, I’d be all over it with a dedomed XM-L2 on copper.

Thanks for the feedback Relic. Sounds like good advice. In my case, I want the additional heat sink and battery capacity. The MT-G2 needs both. Plus, this light has a slightly larger reflector (with better beam profile) and series cell config. Bang for your buck though, I agree with you.

I’d be happy to do a review of both. For a triple emitter light, the TK75vn killerthrow has insane throw. But if you want throw from a trip pleasure emitter, vinh currently is modding my btu shocker and it has much deeper reflectors and more capacity for power and heatsinking.

I’ll have to do a Tk75vn killerthrow and btu shockervn shootout. I know it’s done stock, but after modification, the shocker is a different beast just like the tk. Man I just got excited! Haha.

I hear you man. I have one of the two or three super shockers that Tom E made before he started dedoming them and it is a beast! I can not wait to see your tests.

This light turned out to be a total deal. It already has a great driver and switch in addition to its nice reflector, heat sinking and cell capacity.

For a total of about $80 $90, I now have a very kick ass MT-G2 thrower. I put a recipe in my T90 build thread.

EDIT: Miscalculated. Amount edited.