DEAL-ALERT!!

Thanks for the good deal info !!!

Grabbed one as well. My wife saw my Fandyfire 2011 and decided she wanted something similar for her bike. This should be good as switching modes seems to be beyond her ability. Maybe the zoom will be easier for an extreme non-flashaholic like her.

I am working my way up to being a full fledge Budgetteer! Wink

How about in the USA for $9.29 here?

Or the Ultrafire for SA9 $8.88

Comes out of Calif. A little higher price, but you don't have to wait 3 weeks or longer.

I added this one to my list. I will do some shopping later. Saw a few I want. I like not waiting 5 years for my "STUFF". Hell, I might not be here BTT something arrives from China. If I died (don"t plan on it) my wife would be getting lights in the mail for the next year HarHar.

Keith

Between, I know you are a hot on bicycle lights, just want to report that this light is a winner. I put this light on a bike last night and went for a ride around the block. Oh boy.. the zoom works perfectly. In other words, when I set the zoom, it stays there no matter how rough the road. My last zoom light I had on the bicycle would zoom by itself as soon as I hit some bumps.

Not so with this light, it holds where you put it at. Also, the amount of light and the wide spread is super good. As you know, all the lights I have, I get in pairs. This is no different, just ordered another one.. Wink

Damn a legit ebay sale. I was hoping for a silver coin. (no - I'm not joking I really want one - why? not sure yet)

Well, while you were thinking I found this too!! Wink

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/8658

The only thing I dind'nt like about that light is the typical chinese rubber smell it had when it arrived.

I'm thinkin' mine should arrive today or tomorrow. Thanks for turning us on to the link!

No way we can get around that. Why do you try cleaning it with some spray deorderant!! Wink

he he.... thats funny mine smelled like fish heads and soy sauce........

There is nothing really special about the deal from the initial post, I think...

Here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7W-Adjustable-Zoom-CREE-LED-Energy-Flashlight-Torch-use-18650-AAA-battery-/160755377917?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item256dc466fd#ht_561wt_1226

That listing is recurrent, with that same price for months now. Seller is "more-things", price $7.77.

Too bad I stopped liking ring zoomies, they become unreliable after a month or so of usage. Some sort of flicker related to the zoom ring.

Viktor

Viktor: "Too bad I stopped liking ring zoomies, they become unreliable after a month or so of usage. Some sort of flicker related to the zoom ring."

Does that include your Citipower G7's?

Unfortunately, yes. :(

Didn't I write that in my article?

It's not critical, though. Usually it works ok. If it flickers, a few twists of the ring, or a shake, or a mild slap fixes the flicker.

It's just that I find it irritating, it's more of a mental than a practical problem.

Edit:

I've updated my article about Sipik SK68 vs Citipower G7.

I thought I was the only one who liked zoomies on my bike. I started messing around mounting 2 EDI-T P4s on my bike last summer the beam zoomed out is so nice and even. I am thinking a couple cheap XMLs zoomed out would be perfection, you wouldn't even need to drive them that hard to get sufficient light.

as long as they are not too loose and stay where you focus them, they make great bike lights, and in this application the xm-l's work better than the smaller die emitters.

I hope that is not the case with this one. I only used on a bike twice, and each time it performed like a champ. Not only was the light good, but it held its zoom position over bumps. Hasn't moved at all.

Not so with my two M12 zoomies. As soon as I hit a bump, they zoomed in all by themselves. That turned me off on zoomies. But, this was under $8 so I gave it a try. At this moment it is perfect. Like you say, as time goes on, it might go bad. For right now this light gets a 100% rating from me...Wink

Oh, your bike application is going to be the best test possible for the ring zoomies. :)

Do post your results in a month or two of usage.

Haven’t got mine yet but it will be a bike light as well.
Anyone have a good mount they want to share a link of?