Deal killers..........

Ahem. I won’t say it.

If the USB-C light came with a cable, I wouldn’t mind even though it would be literally the only USB-C gadget in my possession. I’m jealous even of my Bic pens, let alone a single solitary cable :stuck_out_tongue:

Now parasitic drain, that is my deal killer. Never purchased a Nitecore in years past because of the unpleasant discovery of standby drain on selfbuilt’s reviews.

Lightbenders gf:

she’s a very kinky girl,
the kind you don’t take home to mother.

i miss Rick James—

Geez, for a moment I started to doubt we‘re still talkin‘ about cables and fleshlights. :-))

I enjoy living in the 21st century. We have carts that can move without the need for a horse! Also, no need to piss into a pan under my bed - unless that’s your kinda thing of course :wink:

??

Just checked my MH20, which hasn’t been “topped off” in over a month. Still blinks out 4.2V.

That’s vaguely what I meant by “years past”. Nitecore lights before the EC20 were consistently recording several mAs of standby drain. The MH line came after the EC20’s launch, by which time they’d sorted their drivers straight and any drain was lower than the self-discharge of a li-ion cell, so all was good :wink:

Yeh, the only NC light I know of that has and probably still has a parasitic drain issue is The Cave Man (EA8), but that takes 4/8 AA alkaleaks. Which is even worse, ’cause a week later you can end up with the runt of the litter puking its guts out in your nice pricey light, ruining it.

My DV-S9s have about a 10mA parasitic drain for the Hall effect sensor, so that’ll run down a 26650 in about 3wks. Which is perfectly reasonable, because it needs to sense the small magnet in the slider through the case and up to a half-inch away, not like the kinds of lights which have the sensors right under the skin and only need to sense a tenth of that distance.

I hate this post…mainly because there is likely truth to it & I look across at a shelf with filled with lights 50” wide with light sitting 3 & 4 deep. They ALL have cells in them, I manually lock all my lights but I should probably remove all the cells. It just a hellova lotta cells to put somewhere. :person_facepalming:

as above, C&W song by Funtastic:

“Just unscrew the tail”