Dedomed XP-G2 versus XP-L HI in large reflector

two LEDs. a XP-G2 Dedomed on copper, and a XP-L HI on copper, both driven to their limits, focused properly in a large, deep thrower reflector.
Which one will throw farther?
My tests the XP-G2 dedomed will out throw the XP-L HI in sheer lux intensity and punch a pencil-beam further downrange, but the XP-L HI spews out more lumens in the spill area.

XP-G2 dedome in all my test

I have no way to test but all my XP-G2 lights have always out thrown my XP-L HI lights.

Absolutely, the XP-G2 will yield the higher throw number.

I just received some new Oslon 3rd gen emitters, which I’m hoping I can de-dome this weekend.
With any luck they may be in the same ballpark as the XP-G2, inside a big reflector.

I would love to see some side by side pics for this.

I wonder how small a beam the XP-G2 de-domed would be compared to the XP-L HI?

My UF-1504 uses a direct drive de-domed XP-G2 and it does indeed out throw my Olight M3XS UT. But if I’m being honest, the beam on the latter is far more useful and lights up a bigger area in the hot spot. I don’t know how a reflector de-domed XP-G2 would compare by comparison.

once the weather gets better here i can provide beam shots of both these emitters in two Defiant DST’s with the same drivers to show how they perform against each other.

That’d be great, thanks. :smiley:

will a dedomed xp-g2 show me a target that is actually further than a dedomed xp-l or xm-l2 or is the throw difference just in numbers on paper?

it will throw further, and illuminate objects farther away than dedomed XP-L or XM-L leds. a Dedomed XP-G2 can achieve a higher intensity light from the die than the other LEDs, in a good aspheric lens or well focused thrower reflector it can out throw the others, but at a sacrifice of overall lumens in the spill.

how well does an xpg2 with a dome compare to the xpl-hi? I’m not interested in dedoming which is why the hi interests me

i have never compared them directly, ( as a domed XP-G2.