deleted

They definitely still do it. I was approached last week about it. They also wanted to see my Amazon review history first.

I get offers to review almost daily. They almost all want you to buy at full price and get refunded via paypal. That way they don’t get caught by Amazon for fake reviews.

But then you don’t get “verified purchase” or whatever. Discounts and freebies don’t count.

Kinda sux when you get something as a gift and can’t “legitimately” review it.

It is a camping light/ tent light. If you are interested, send me private message to get details.

I got your “tent” right here :slight_smile:

Eff reviews, done with them, not worth the time and effort just to feel like a whore regardless if you are telling the truth.
Whole industry is a mess anymore.

Pm intrested

I gave an honest review on a flashlight a week or so ago. I did point out the things I didnt like about it, but didnt dwell on them and make it personal. I made it fairly factual so it was informational and not a bunch of opinion and drivel.

The thought did cross my mind though, that if they didnt like it, there may not be a refund, but at the same time, a return also crossed my mind even though I probably would not have bothered.

:laughing:

I take my statement back I just got the pm wanted to see my amazon history and wants to do PayPal. I figured when he mentioned Amazon it would be how thorfire or others do it. Just give you a discount code. I’m all about doing a review on here, amazon. Possibly YouTube etc. But your not going to hold my money ransom for it. A return could be done, but shouldn’t have to be. I’m going to give as unbiased review as possible and give the pros and cons. I feel like its black mail let me make sure you write good reviews first. And if you give it bad review no refund for you. I feel like a deal like this is implying that. Send the light half price, free or do a 99 percent discount code no strings attached. Like most companies do that I’ve seen on here. No other compensation or strings besides receiving a light in the mail. And not a rushed review either. The light should be used for a couple weeks or so.
It’s honestly the first time I’ve heard about doing a review this way. Purchase the light and be refunded afterwards. I wonder how many reviews on here have been done this way.

I agree on the couple of weeks thing. The shiny new toy factor wears off after that and you get the real impression then.

Ya the new toy factor wears off like you said and gives you a chance to get some real world use and see if any quirks or flickers pop up etc. Taking it out the box for a couple hours and taking some pictures doesn’t really give you a feel for the light. Not that 2 weeks gives you an idea of longevity. But if issues don’t pop up in 2 or 3 weeks they probably won’t

True dat.

I really preferred the SP10B UI over the old/original A. The B has F/L/M in the main cycle, 2click for H. Seemed more useful to me, especially being able to 2click even from off to get H.

The A has L/M/H, no F, and 2click from anywhere gives the annoying strobe.

Yet after I’ve been carrying both, A and B, the A is growing on me, and I’ve been leaving the B at home.

I still see the advantages/disadvantages of both (that’s my “solution”, just get one of each), but while I originally eschewed the A in favor of the B, lately (and that might change given the circumstances) I’ve been using the A more than the B.

So you really do need to wait ’til that shine’s off the apple before you can really give a detailed and unbiased review of the pros/cons.

Just curious! If someone has received a PM from lightdoctor, just how much are you required to spend upfront to review the light? What does it look like. What batteries are required?

I doubt if I would be interested as I have been using a 60 LED, 3 mode (5, 17, 60 LED), 3X AAA or 1X 18650 battery, ~5 oz umbrella tent light that I bought from Banggood more than two years ago. It meets all my needs for a tent light. If there is no loop in the tent to attach it at the peak you can just use a small binder clip to attach the light hook to the tent seam. The price for the same light has dropped so much you can now buy them on eBay for $6 or less. The price is hard to beat for the results you get.

Agreed! Before people ruined things for honest reviewers I was getting a lot of great items for free or heavily discounted. People were giving g 5 star reviews for crap items. I have over 4000 items in my office acquired by product for review because I was writing honest professional reviews. Glad I got while the getting was good

Yes that’s right she come free of charge, just S&H might be pricey.
:slight_smile:

You always pay to play either way. Even if it’s dinner and a movie, or a few drinks at a bar, no play is ever free

Always found it funny when guys say they don’t pay for it

Just tell them they have 24hrs to refund your paypal or you will give them a bad review and return the product. They can’t say anything to Amazon, since what they are doing is against the rules in the first place . Also, Amazon charges sellers a substantial fee for returns. Shipping fees, and a transaction fee.