[Design with Terry]Wurkkos TS32 15000+ Lumens Flashlight Concept

yes, i think so, feedback to the R&D department :cry:

The original idea for the SFT40 + high CRI 3535 really makes the most sense imo. I’m not surprised the 50.3 doesn’t provide the throw some people want. At least not without running it at wattage difficult to achieve in budget boost drivers.

For even better throw, the YinDing 5050 round flat emitter would be awesome. Maybe Wurkkos could order enough that they’ll produce a 4900-5400K version falling on the BBL.

1500 feet is over a quarter mile, you can’t even see that far.

I love everything about this

YinDing 5050? how far it will reach? any model use this led?

I recommend reading through the whole thread.

Here I compared the YD5050 to the 2mm² class Osram emitters. It puts out a few more lumens and similar throw to Osram HX. The Vf is higher so it works better with FET drivers. The round die makes it unique and generates a super clean hotspot and round corona (no flower petals).

What is the diameter of center reflector? I’m guessing ~30mm. If this is correct, I would expect ~135kcd, so what is that… 735 meters?

How's the weight distribution? I would prefer it to be tail heavy, then head have. Because I can always shift back my hand for it to be level.

Would you consider XHP70.3 center?

XHP70.3 is even more floody than XHP50.2. I would love to see a YingDing 5050 5000k on or below the BBL. Otherwise SFT40 would make sense too.

XHP70.3 around and SFT40 or SBT90 in the center. Happy. :+1:

XHP70.3 emitters cost about $10 a piece. That will be one hell of an expensive budget light.

Too much, max they can do for me is sst40 sides, sft40 inside, or stay with lh351 for high cri and use an osram w2 inside. New yinding and sfh/sfn can be good to for the center

If the handle is only secured with one screw, it should have some other faux attachment point as well. For example, a linear notch that seats in between two cooling fins to prevent rotation. Look at Acebeam handles to get an idea.

around? wow, that will really a cost :person_facepalming:

That’s a ridiculous setup for sure.

Staying 3v and low cost is important. I’m interested in this light, but only if price it’s reasonable.

Wurkkos, have you looked into the YinDing 5050 round flat yet? If you can source a below BBL 5000k version BLF would love you!

It would go really well with 5000k lh351d 90cri.

Personally, I prefer sst20w or nichia 219 for color quality.

Just please avoid xpg3 and xpl2

This handle has a built-in snap-off feature.
Very obvious. The thin right angle near the screw.

The other handle would be more stable and versatile, leaves balancing to the user.

Anyway, why not attach the handle obove the switches? Or at least have a thread there to optionally do so?
This way, the handle serves as a protection to the switches and allows to operate them one-handed.

For cost effectiveness and performance, JaredM is right for sst20. The performance is good in 5000k and it’s a really affordable emitter (like $2 each vs $5 for a xp-l HI or $12 for a xhp70.2). I can overlook the green tint at low currents for the cost savings. For the middle LED, I say go with either a Boost HX, Sft40, or if you can get a good bin, the 5050 round die. This will already be an expensive light, so any cost saving is helpful.

The SST20 in 5000K would probably do it, but then again SST20 in 5000K, the tint, and low 70 CRI.

Is the 15000lm so necessary, that we are sacrificing HIGH CRI?

As for handle, for me, this one is better. Would be perfect if it was above switches, so you can operate them one hand.
Can't we move the switches back, there's a space in prototype to do that, so there's space for screw mount

That's great idea

Not that handle, the second one is better. Also, you can do a cutout in the fins for it to lock in place, with the second type one. (you could do a pool, so we can vote, which one is better) or is there already a cutout for it to lock? There's some cutout on first fins, is it for locking it?
ASTROLUX MF01X just got this type of hande, it's not the best idea. But then, the screw on it, that you can tighten by hand is a great idea (from that hande). https://pl.banggood.com/Astrolux-MF01X-Flashlight-Extended-Carrying-Handle-+-Nut-p-1930504.html
But it's a little different, it relies on your thumb to position it level, like the acebeam ones. That is bad idea, but at least you can do it. On yours you can't do that.

I see the flashlight got bigger, and have some more heat dissipating surface, but why only 10 leds, instead of 12? Did you go for the XHP? How did you manage more lumens with 2 less led's? Is it just deeper reflectors?

Ps. Did you think about Nichia 519A? You can probably get 1000lm on each.

Pps. One button? Are we going standard anduril UI for 2 channel flashlight?
please, do a normal TS30S button at least, not that plastic one.

That is an attractive design. Good job.