[Design with Terry]Wurkkos TS32 15000+ Lumens Flashlight Concept

how is the cost of XHP50.2 V6 compare to XHP50.3 V6, there are high CRI variants that's why I'm consider it.

I only saw the 12V wariant on mouser, XHP50.2 90CRI 12V variant for as low as 2.5$ per one for Full Reel 2500. and XHP50.3 90CRI 12V variant $2.80 per one for Full Reel 2500 (the XHP70.3 are like 3-4 time that price)
Meaby we should consider 12V version, and just do a 12V driver, as the current is quite high on 6V with 10 of them.

For 30000 lumens from 10 of them, we need 2A 12V on each, this looks bad.
I would like to have max 1A 12V on each, and have 20000lumens on flood, as the efficiency just drop past that.

I didn't see high CRI variants of sst70, and I know it has similar output to the XHP50.2.

For 30000 lumens on flood we would need 20A 12V driver
For 20000 lumens on flood we would need 10A 12V driver (that's should be doable, max 15A per 21700 with 3 of them)
But even the 20000 lumen version, the overall heat is way over 100 Wat, we will have a problem here too.

12v drivers are expensive. Plus you need to have a charging solution for 3S batteries, which usually means a battery pack with BMS or omitting onboard charging. Amutorch uses a 12v driver in the Dm90 sbt90.2 thrower (it’s a buck driver, good for 20 amps or so). 6v is a more feasible option since you can run a boost driver without going series on the batteries.

High cri is anyone’s guess. They may or may not go for it since high cri sacrifices output (with the xhp70.3 the exception) and 30,000 high cri requires a lot of smaller leds or bigger, more expensive ones.

They will have to build the driver for it from scratch anyway... They don't have anything that powerful, from what I know. (I assume they will have to design it from scratch, so the cost for 6V and 12V boost shouldn't be as steap)
I'm still thinking about 3x21700 parallel.

I just didn't saw any XHP50.2 and XHP50.3 90CRI on 6V for sale in mouser, so just calculated for it in 12V.

They still have to do the driver from scratch, so it's up to them to see the effectiveness and cost (+ the availability of XHP50.2 and XHP50.3 90CRI in 6V or 12V)

and if we want the 30000 lumens from XHP50.2 or XHP50.3, we need at least like 40A 6V driver, and here the current will start to be a problem... it's 40A!

40A = big host or aggressive thermal control

That's why the 12V emitters seems appealing form me, as the 12V 20A is quite easier manageable from the electric side of things, for 30000 lumens.
But of course then we have the same problem we have in Imalent MR90, thermal regulation, it's 120Wat of power, you have to cool it some way, and the Imalent MR90 is an active cooled flashlight, and still have the problem with it.

That over 30000 lumens wurkkos is training to achieve with this host (even the better bigger version) is quite strange, as the cooling is grossly inadequate.
It's starting to look like that lumintop tiger, it can turbo for tens of seconds and that's it...

after turbo, as it steps down, it should be very efficient and will sustain probably around 10% of it's max output on that design.

6V and 12V are same led. Just differently wired pcb.

I bought the TS32 with 519a & SFT40 with Wurkkos’s default 15A batteries (an extra ~$15). It’s a great deal but I’m wondering if I’m going to lose out on some lumens due to the batteries being 15A.

I asked Wurkkos and they said they don’t offer higher than 15A 21700 batteries.

I was going to buy 3 Molicel P42A’s but they cost twice as much (after shipping). If 15A is enough to drive the TS32 then it’s a waste to buy different batteries, but I think you need higher amperage batteries for the TS32.

Are there other alternatives? I don’t mind using the 3 15A for my other lights.

15A batteries is enough to drive the TS32, those 15A batteries we used when testing the date.

The 15A batteries are in parallel so it divides the amp load across the three batteries.

Is there a current working code for the TS32 on Wurkkos’ website?

This is not the Wurkkos site, But AMAZON

When I looked they were sold out on the Wurkkos site… a few days ago.

That’s Amazon US

Yeah it is. Maybe ask in that thread to see if there is something you can use. Bottom line, they are not available currently on the Aliexpress store.

They are on the Wurkkos website though which is what I’m asking for. Thanks for your help though

I see that they are available today. They weren’t when I bought mine from Amazon a week or so ago. Good luck.
Maybe PM Terry ?

They are back on the Aliexpress site as well. Only 10 (now 9) though. Also has a store coupon to drop the price a little.

hi, this code minus $12 from the discount price on wurkkos’ website—-TS3212D

@Wurkkos_Terry , how about a TS32 v2 with 46950 cell and regulated driver for both channels?

2 Thanks

That’s exactly the new subject we are studying. And we will make it more powerful than TS32 ; )

2 Thanks

I second an efficient (and regulated) driver!
However, 21700 cells are far more practical than a 46950.