Did anyone else buy the "blue" S2+ from Gearbest and find it was grey?

Okay so mine arrived just moments ago.
I know I ordered blue yet I received a grey light with a tinge of blue in it.
I dont like the colour one little bit. The flashlight itself is a bit rubbish too.

EDIT… I just checked my emails. Nope, I ordered grey.

So now it’s a case of tucking my tail between my legs and admitting that gearbest DID deliver what they said they would to me. I just dont like it :smiley:
Heh. at least I’ve got a Convoy S2+ now

What’s not to like on a S2+ ?
It’s a great host, you can mod it with everything!
You can even try to bake it when you don’t like the color :slight_smile:

What isn’t to like?

I don’t like the feel of the body.
I don’t like the beam pattern.
I don’t like the modes.

All in all it’s over hyped and if I paid a normal price for it I’d be annoyed.

that can be fixed, new firmware and you set your own modes. beam pattern ? Convoy sells another reflector or another emitter will fix it.

Oh sure I know you can fix it all and make it something better, I just dont like it out of the box.

Just sell it to me. :slight_smile:

If you was local you could just take it off of my hands.

I’ll keep it handy for some comparison photos but I’ll probably give it away to a friend.

I have used the “Priority Line” shipping on GB for about 6 orders over the last 6 months and it has been very reliable. It adds a couple of dollars to the order, but it has been worth it for me as it has tracking, and each order came in under 2 weeks.

Regards,
Frank A

One big challenge with flash sales (like the item stated above) is the speed of checking out. Most flash sale items (like the C8 or S2+) were sold out within 5-10 seconds. That is simply not enough time to change the shipping option, add points or do anything except race to the “place order” button and hope that the paypal checkout won’t destroy the deal.

Otherwise I agree, there are very affordable and more reliable shipping options than free shipping.

Mine just got in, big surprise - there is another S2+ color or the anodization process went wrong somewhere?
Here is a shot old titanium grey vs. new “blue”.

The “new” S2+ has a slightly brighter, more blue anodization and the pill the driver is soldered in(to the pill). Came with 6x AMC7135. Good beam actually. I like the color but the toolmarks are annoying (small marks around the head). There is aluminum dust inside but otherwise greased and good. Let’s see what I’ll do with it.

Came in this box:

Why does this topic reminds me of that dress color thing sweeping the internet a while back?
Could it be because without it this new color would not look blueish to me?

Though being (slightly) colorblind, this does not strike me to be blue.
Looks (almost) like my old titanium-grey (bought as black) Convoy S2-UV.

But turns, after being baked for 30 min at 300deg.C, into a very nice bronze color.

Interesting, my convoys have the same color but the lighter one is bought from BG as titanium and the darker from GB as grey, in the same cardboard box but says Gray and with U2-1B led as well.

Blue one from BG added to see the difference

EDIT typo

ARGH! that blue looks like turquoise :smiley:

Must be the light in the picture :smiley:
I have to say it looks not ‘heavy’ blue but it is real blue, just as the horrible tint of the U2-1B from the gray, hopefully not for long :slight_smile:
Still waiting for my package from INTL which is almost 3 weeks from shipping now…

L2R
C8 with dd U2-1A, stock U2-1B, T6-4C, NVSL219C R9050 D240 4000K

I got the other “blue” S2+ this weekend and it’s the same color as all of my earlier grey convoys. But what still gets me a little irked is the GB flash sale this past week with the weird bluish tint or bad ano job a few lines away from a pic with the expected grey color. Unicorn, Eleanor end of the rainbow pic your simile LOL.

I think I’m taking Henk’s lead and baking at least one of them this weekend.

mine was sold as grey.
but is definitely a bluish grey.
e-y24-a1-301
ll0203202