Diffuser for flashlights

I just threw away hundreds of film canisters! Don't work on 35 mm cameras any more! AAAUUUGGGHHH!

Simpleman, look around the kitchen/pantry/study/garage/tool bin. Tupperware/coffee filters/T-shirts/sanitary...well, you get the picture.

There was a member of MTBR that sand blasted several lenses for his Magicshine in different patterns and got great results with a couple of them.

One of the best beams came from the lens that just had a frosted ring around the outer 1/3 of the lens (kinda picture a donut with a large hole).

Look at what a member from my local forum put in his E03

--Photos courtesy of Jopat of my local Tipidpc forum--

lol i thought i add my 2 cents, dont need to pay expenisve stuff. get a plastic take away container, scotch tape (frosted one) cut a hole so your flashlight head goes into it, you can use gaffa tape to tape it all up, add water +food dye etc if u want cool effects like lava lamp :smiley:

My favorite diffuser for the L2P is the Fenix HP20 diffuser lens. It’s great because it’s hinged and can be flipped into and out of place.

http://outfitter-country.store.buy.com/p/fenix-hp20-diffuser-lens-ad03-fenix-head-lamp-hp20-diffuser-lens-ad03/232080753.html

Only about 6 bucks shipped too.

These might not be the diffusers you seek, but they are an interesting option no less. :slight_smile:

I have always had great results with frosted scotch tape.

HAHAHA like my avatar. I like those better than scotch tape.

Nice diffusers. Personally I like the left one better as it is slightly brighter. Either would make a romantic mood light though.

That had never dawned on me! I always wondered why the hotspots were taped off in your av, haha.

After I found that pic on-line I tried it on my wife with a 1600lm source, but there was not good transmittance. She said you probably need implants to achieve that glowing effect, then she asked me what the H i was researching. I told her it was a medical technique called “mammary flashlight transillumination”. She likes nerd talk like that. :slight_smile:

great idea what about photo of whole diffuser ? :slight_smile:

great technique in a night club (discotheque), when you're sitting at a bar, to find out for the sake of it if a gal's chest has implants.

Get a clear 2L bottle (or smaller, you just want that cylindrical shape), fill with water and shine light from the bottom of the bottle.

Very impractical but it works.

Or you can just get a white piece of plastic and shine the light on the plastic, it will reflect the light in all directions similar to a ceiling bounce, but more like a mini ceiling bounce where you can change the direction of the ceiling. I use my phone case for this :slight_smile:

I like the diffuser sheets that a few guys sell at CPFM.

It’s cheap, incredibly affective, and non-permanent (but the material stays adhered extremely well!).

I never liked diffuser wands or caps because they are a 360 degree light source and hence I always end up blinding myself looking at them.

chapstick cap and white wall beam with my ITP

Without cap:

With cap:

water bottle cap on my Romisen

Without cap:

With cap:

water bottle cap on SF-E2L

Without cap:

With cap:

Heres a Romisen with frosted scotch tape (I dont have a white wall beam shot though)

so what are the variation between different xmls lights, can you tell what size implants drd ? :nerd_face:

Glad brand Press ’N Seal makes a great diffusion film, and is available at your local grocer.

This diffuser http://www.fasttech.com/product/1140012 from Fasttech works well and is cheap, if you have time to weight for it to come. It is elastic and a little under 40 mm. inside diameter, so it fits lights around 40 mm. or a bit larger.