Diffusers for right-angle headlamps?

Aside from hacking a Fenix AD401 or similar, are there any diffusers available for right-angle headlamps like the Nitecore HC30? The HC30 is by no means a thrower but the hotspot is too intense for working up close under a car or in a crawlspace.

Not that I am aware of. Have you thought of dx fix or other diffuser film ?

Have a look at X3:s posts, specifically #14, #18 and #24. Simple mod, but I’m not certain that it’s safe to bring it out in bad weather now… :slight_smile:

The stock o-ring still fits between the optic and the bezel, I didn’t try underwater but I’m confident about rain at least :slight_smile:

I couldn’t get the o-ring to slide in properly, might have to do a bit more sanding on the lens first. It’s under the bezel at least, so might be ok. I wouldn’t mind a warmer tint, but after the mod it’s a great work light.

I still cannot understand why there are no triple headlamps. Those optics on the triples are huge flooders, and the depth of the optics/MCPCB is less than reflectors…

X3, that is a nice mod on your HC30!

What about using the diffuser film from the inside of an old LCD screen, like a smart phone or monitor? Has anyone tried this? It should be pretty efficient.

Thanks. I remember reading that thread but I completely forgot about X3’s mod.