DinoDirect:supfire X5"Group Buy" *$18.99*Now you can order more than one

Thanks Summer, But what about the AR lens? What is the explanation for our torches not having one when they should?

Marc.

it would have been nice to know what package & accessories we were getting ahead of time.

i am not complaining because its a good price and i would have bought it anyways, but still - i would have liked to know exactly what i am getting :slight_smile:

it appeared to me that this would only be coming with the lanyard (a Chinese manual was listed and when I pm’d Summer to ask about the possibility of an English manual was told the manual was a mistake and that was taken out)

The idea of a “luxuriantly package” only came up with that other poster’s purchase (not purchased from DD). Seems like you can get the whole shebang direct from the company for $33 to the US so $19 for just the light seems about right.

Still waiting on mine, I’m concerned with things like the missing serial# (explained above: translation/misunderstanding???) driver regulation/power variations and manufacturing defects received by some (not explained) With the kind of advertising this company produces, doesn’t seem to be the typical Chinese budget company allowing things like a logo misprints slipping by QC. (edit; removed slow company video)

Thanks for working on this during the holiday Summer.

Hopefully I’ll be as satisfied as you jmpaul320: keeping fingers crossed :slight_smile:

im sure i will be satisfied… i am going to test it out and then probably mod it :slight_smile:

If Summer had said this light will NOT be in a proper box, it will come without a serial number, it will not have AR glass and it will have an output of about 600 lumens. I would not have bought it. I could get an O-light I6 for the same price! A proper brand.

Like everyone here we all have a list in our heads of lights we need or want, this was not on mine, but looking at the spec I put it to the top of my list. Now to find that it is not what it should be, P’s me off. Regardless of how good it is as a host.

Marc.

The KD C8 isnt as well finished as the X5, but its much better than the average finish found in the typical budget C8. If youre looking for a shelf queen or a larger nice looking host, buy the X5. If you want the best user, the KD beats the hell out of the X5. The KD consistently pulls a tad over 3A with any descent new name brand battery and is substantially brighter to the naked eyes than the X5, both in spill, hotspot and range. Even though the KD is driven harder and is a smaller host, it does a better job at heatsinking. The X5 delivers inconsistent (but always lower than advertised) current, depending on which cell is used. It also appears to have a poorly designed reflector, where a light absorbing plastic centering rings was added as an afterthought to make corrections to the beam focus and remove beam artifacts.

The X5 is a descent light, but loses in every performace criteria when compared to the KD C8.

SUMMER PLEASE REPOND *

SUMMER PLEASE REPOND *

I want the 2 “coated glass lenses” that you said will come with the 2 X5’s that you sold me. Please tell me what information you need so that you can send them to me.

I am tired of you ignoring our many attempts asking you to respond to this matter. If this continues, my next step is a paypal dispute. I will also post detailed instructions here for all others to do the same for false advertising and paypal will refund all of our money… your choice.

SUMMER PLEASE REPOND *

SUMMER PLEASE REPOND *

Sorry it comes down to this folks, but I think this needs to be addresses now. If not, I will tell you all how to file paypal disputes and very likely recoup all of your money.

can anyone who owns this light measure the driver for me? im planning a swap and would like to know what the size is… also is the emitter on a 20mm star? or is it a smaller one?

EDIT: Found driver size in this thread sorry - looks like a 7135 3 amp driver will fit

It's a 17, all alum pill w/brass retaining ring. Worse case for upgrading, at least for me, because of the time to do the metal work. I'm dremeling down the pill and will hopefully press fit a brass ring I got from FastTech, or dremel down a brass pill and press fit that in. Started on it, and building the copper insert to go in the base of the alum pill to improve heat sinking. Probably will go with a SinkPAD, but not sure to use an XM-L2 U2 or U3 1C yet - got a few of both. Should get over 900 lumens out of it when all done, then I'll really see how it stacks up to a C8 - it is a nice looking light but would prefer SS bezel. You could get a Keygos KE5 w/SS bezel trim for basically the same cost - nice looking too.

between this and the emitter “shims” this sounds like im going to drop a few swears when modding it

i dont even know if i have anything that will fit on a 17mm pill… ive got a few u3s on 20 mm stars… i wonder if the c8 lens will fit because i have a few ar coated lenses that size (i believe its 41.5 or 42 mm)

Ooops! I meant 17mm driver - the emitter star is 20mm with a little room to spare. For the SinkPAD's, I've had to trim them to typically to fit where a standard 20mm star was, but this one looks like no trim. I also have a spare C8 AR lens - gotta check that now. Got back to the X5 work - getting closer... Actually I may not mount the driver yet - got the USBAVR programmer, so want to set that up for this light - nice 4 modes maybe, down to moonlight, or use Dr. Jones do-all end-all programmable mode driver.

i only have ONE copper mounted XML2 and its going in a diff project… at least for now….

theres a huge shortage of xml2 mounted on copper it seems

Link to the X5 mod here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/15976. Just shows the pill mods for now. Will be updating...

just in case you forgot… it’s chinese new year, they’ll back after feb 17th, so… just relax untill then :slight_smile:

I posted this a day after she last replied, well knowing that she has ignored several attempts to have her address this issue, and that it will remain here to greet her upon her return…. but yes, Im well aware of the Chinese holidays and have been for the past several months. :wink:

You know how to put all the speculation to rest. Either way, I am happy with mine.

WOOHOO! For once, I apparently got a good one instead of the usual bones that I always seem unlucky enough to get. The one I got kicks butt, at least in some quick white-wall hunting tests. Appears to out-bright my venerable xin C8, but will give it a real test once dark. Draws a SOLID 2.91 at the tailcap with a fully charged unprotected fasttech Samsung pink 2600. 3.0 with a pack pull Samsung pink! (Why are the pack pulls always better than brand-new “real” 18650s?)

Virtually flawless annodizing and construction. Threads seemed a little funky. Had a few seconds of fumbling trying to get the cap to thread, but once lubed it threads on easily every time. Must have been the dry threads.

Packing was great. Wrapped in enough bubble wrap to choke a whale …. Heck enough bubble wrap to choke a whole pod of whales.

Love the color. One of the brightest and shiniest lenses and reflectors I have seen to come out of China. NO FINGERPRINTS!!! Centered emitter and brighter than getout. One tiny pinhead imperfection on the reflector. Looks like a tiny plating run.

Probably an uncoated lens, but man did someone polish this sucker; it’s like a mirror and flawless. No blebs or bubbles. But not getting any colored effects on the lens surface when I tilt the lens in direct light, which is usually indicative of no coating. No scratch-off serial number. Nice lanyard, although I wonder how long the plastic fittings will last.

One downside are the darn blinkies, but that’s par for the course.

Thanks Summer! After all the discussion here, I expected a lump of coal but got a bar of gold.

Can’t wait to try it tonight. Fake or real, mine’s a great little light.

Now lets see how Mr. Coyote — who has been hanging at my urban flashlight-testing range here in bootiful Orange C — likes this shined directly in his leering brush-wolf face! Har har!!!

im still waiting for mine… mine did ship before the holidays… but who knows if it left the country in time for cny

Real lousy you got the bogus Amazon DVD’s before you got this light! Keeping fingers crossed jmpaul320 for tomorrow or the weekend.

I have to say, when I look at your retail package it makes the DD $19 deal look worse! That’s quite a nice bit of kit for $14 dollars more! especially if ours are rejects. We will have to wait for Summer to respond before doing anything.

By the way mine is the one with the misprinted number, it looks like it was moved whilst laser etching. Someone has part of my logo laser etched on his thumb! :bigsmile:

Marc.