Dinodirect's UF-2100 XM-L is good!

Measurements :

2.9A at the tail with freshly charged NCR18650 2900s. I think it might be DDed, relying on the resistance of the components so not too bad.

Low mode is about 70mA. So that's good. Approx 30 lumens range. It's not 3 lumens, but it is not 90Hz PWM too.

81.4 lux throw at 8.17m = 5.4k cd. That's 147m of throw (ANSI NEMA/FL1 whatever...you know the drill....only 0.25 lux )

Reflected light measurement is on par with stuff like Ultrafire U80, slightly worse than say the monster Fandyfire STL-V6.

As for drop in output due to heat, it drops from 63 lux in reflected ceiling bounce -> 54 lux from T=3seconds to T=60 seconds. 15% drop. This means it is slightly better than a foil wrapped Ultrafire P60 XM-L in my L2T.

So far, my 3 deliveries with Dinodirect is ok. Here's the link : http://www.dinodirect.com/led-flashlight-1000lm-3mode-cree-t6-super-bright.html

57 cycles in 1/30s. 57 x 30 = 1710Hz for PWM. That's really high, invisible in real world even with very fast moving objects.

asd

Good job. I've been wondering about this light ever since the groupbuy. Looks like I'm getting this light next. Thanks 21...

Ultrafire came out with C6 and V6, perhaps nicer looking and thicker walls. Relatively cheap at usd24 too but of course it's a far cry from the usd14.71 group buy price from Dinodirect. Not sure about the PWM though.

How can I find that famous group-buy for the UF-2100 everyone is talking about?

The groupbuy is over. But there is a new MANAFONT Tank007 E07 BLF Edition & The BLF Lanyard group buy.

Thanks but UF-2100 is kinda different :)

I had a 007 a while ago and I was not impressed by its performance. Dont know about the current version ...

LE:

I have a question: UF-2100 has the same price as the Tank007 in the group buy. I mean 1000lm is a bit brighter than the ~150lm, right? Why is everybody so thrilled about the 007? Because is a bit smaller? Because it has a custom logo? I dont get it...

Because many here are flashaholics. The more flashlights the better :) Most are budget priced, Not like Jeatbeam, Sunwayman... Nitecore.....Surefire.

I really don't know how I got suckered into buying it. I saw the BLF custom logo then the next thing I know paypal was clicked.

LOL

Or you could buy a REAL flashlight and spare a few bucks to have it laser engraved with any name you want...

I thought "The more BETTER flashlight the better ..."

The cheaper it is[combined with well made] the better for me..I'm a cheapskate and a flashaholic..It is small, really bright.has a bright flashy strobe, and cost next to nothing..This type of light is why we hang around this forum.The threads need lubing and maybe there is an o-ring missing.It still is a great buy.Thanks Dino for the deal, and keep 'em comming

Hey 21, can you give me the exact width in mm? Thanks!

Value your opinion,but I passed on the UF-2100 for two reasons,

To long to fit easy in a small jeans pocket and I think it will burn down my house.

Lennart

Thanks very much for your detailed review of this torch. The PWM info is a nice bonus.

I was really surprised by this. On my fan set to high speed, i can barely see the PWM. If only most budget lights are like this, then the whole level would really be raised up.

2 days, absolutely no scratches.asd

Well, I just ordered the 5-mode from DinoDirect. I just want it to pull 2.9A. :)

I ordered one too. 5 mode. Don't like one - don't use it, right?

I'm curious about this light but the review on the single mode said that it's not very bright. Are the 3 and 5 modes brighter on high mode than the single mode?