Dinodirect's UF-2100 XM-L is good!

Hi Miami, I never purchased from Focalprice before so I don't know what to expect from them. I think I'll wait for Summer to come out with the 20% coupon for the 5-mode.

Thanks for all your help.

With 20% off at DD it’s still $18.79 but with 10% off at FP it’s $18.10.

I think Summer needs to run a special on the 5-mode to get it down to $15 or less. Most sellers price the different mode versions of a light at the same price or within $1 of eachother. I've never seen prices vary on the same model light but in different modes like I see at DD. It's crazy!

+1 .Days back the 5-mode was at least $2 cheaper than the 3 mode. I guess, even Google would have hard time caching their pages when the prices keep fluctuating LOL.

I was actually perfectly happy with the price I paid which was just under $16. If the price were to come back down to $16 or less I'd actually consider buying another one. It'd be nice to have one at home and one in my car or somewhere else.

Just received my single mode, and it is seriously bright for a small body. Can't wait for evening.

The above is going on a lead-launcher, and modes are just not needed.

3-mode is on its way.

Build is good, threads need lubed. I don't like the green switch cover, however. But I knew this going-in, and bought them anyway.

Very much worth the money.

Gets warm in 5 minutes or so, but expected this.

Thumbs-up from the peanut gallery.

5 bucks off any over 30 buck purchase; ONEWORLDWESHARE

May be other coupons, but this came in the mail with my light.

Expires Nov. 20th.

is it safe to run these on high even after they heat up? Is there a risk of either burning out the led or of the battery blowing up?

I'll try a 10 minute or so run this evening. Tailcap current is 1.88 amps (single mode), on several 18650s tried.

I really don't expect any issues.

Pros:

• Bright - draws 3.6A hi, 1.8A med & 150mA on low (w/o tailcap resistance)
  • Fairly compact - less than 120mm long (less than 4.75") and 24mm wide.
  • Nice smooth, floody beam considering it has a SMO.
  • Can tailstand but wobbles due to tailcap protuding out.
  • Great hand warmer! Get's hot in a jiffy on high mode.
  • Great value @ $15-$16.00.

Cons:

• Dry & dirty threads (but of course). No longer a con.
  • Needs a 14mm black tail cap button.
  • Knurling is smooth as silk!
  • Body "feels" thin but no thinner than my Inova XO or X5 did. So it's ok I guess.
  • Brown blotch on LED's dome. (??)
  • Battery rattle with all my cells.

I am very pleased with this flashlight. If anyone can find a brighter compact light and for around the same price, please let me know. But until then, I believe this is the ultimate budget compact 18650 XM-L.

15 minutes runtime solid, tonight, and my 1-mode just got medium warm, not hot. Stopped there as it didn't seem to get any hotter, but that may have been just my hand getting more tolerant of the heat.

Had my hand around the light completely.

It seems with my 1.88A tailcap current, that is on par with medium on the multi-mode 2100?

Correct me, if I'm wrong, but it would seem on high with the multi-mode, things get nice and toasty very quickly?

How about light output?

Rider, yes on high the bezel region gets hot after 30 secs and the whole light is really hot within a min (like hot enuf to avoid sensitive skin like stomach, armpits, inside elbow etc). I have yet to leave it on longer than that though on hi-mode. It reminds me of the way ITP A3's get scorching hot on 10440s.

On med, yes it seems much more useable for longer periods. Even at 1.8A it's still plenty bright and I have been using it most of the time.

Brightness wise, I would say hi-mode is at least 2x as bright as med-mode. Much like a surefire p90 vs p91.

Thanks, fish. I've the 3-mode coming, also. I mounted the 1-mode to my short carbine (Benjamin P-Rod Pistol, with stock) tonight, and it is usable to about 25 yards with my scope. Just about what I was looking for, and expecting.

The multi-mode I want to keep in the car. Gotta quit buying flashlights...this is getting expensive.

Anybody has a good holster for this 2100?

Everyone loves beamshots, right?

UniqueFire UF-2100 Low

UniqueFire UF-2100 Medium

UniqueFire UF-2100 High

"Sipik SK68" Flood (w/ 14500)

"Sipik SK68" Throw (w/ 14500)

And second set (aimed at hay bale) :)

UniqueFire UF-2100 Low

UniqueFire UF-2100 Medium

UniqueFire UF-2100 High

"Sipik SK68" Flood (w/ 14500)

Hay bale about 35-40 meters away. Forest at background is about 85 meters away.

I have only PNS, so no proper manual settings :(

Lights appear brighter IRL. Settings used for all pics: F/2.7, 1/8 sec. and ISO1600.

Thanks for those screenshots M3TAL_L0RD. Were the sipik sk68 shots with 14500's?

Yes, forgot to mention that :shy:

Here's more nice beamshots

http://forum.fonarevka.ru/showthread.php?t=5196

Just buy a 10-pack of black tailcaps. You'll need them if you are planning in sticking to budget lights. :D

I just did opposite and ordered 10 GITD tail caps and 20 GITD 20mm o-rings :D

From where...?