Discount on Flashlights in DD------Sept. Group Buy

for this review problem, i think i have explained three times in this forum. We got some reviews from our suppliers, but these reviews are all the real reviews from their customers. We are organizing a review wikki, and all the review will be the real one with the pictures and the customers words there. And we will also welcome BLF members to join us.

Summer, the reviews are *fake*. You choose to post them, so you are posting fake reviews, no matter where you got them from. There are reviews of XM-L lights that say the people have used them for 3 years and that LED has only been around for 1 year. All of the reviews are very generic and always positive. Many customers might think they are legitimate positive reviews. The only conclusion is they are there to mislead customers. Do yourself a favor and get rid of them!

ok, thanks for your suggestion, we will update it as soon as possible. thanks

It cannot get more fake than that. Though I don't think that many customers will buy the fake reviews.

Come on guys, give Summer some credit, he´s putting a lot of effort to help us with this group buys.

Brted are your pictures still on their site ?

He's right, Summer. It gives you a bad name. Truly, no review is far better than a fake review.

+1. DX used to be very, well, let's say, selective about which reviews to post, which resulted in people posting positive and ultimately useless reviews for points. In essence, they sold out for 20 cents in DX points and everybody quickly caught on and turned to the forums for real reviews. (Just to clarify: to the best of my knowledge, DX never posted fake reviews; they just actively encouraged a certain favorable bias.)

DX eventually figured out that censoring reviews was a bad call. Real reviews are an asset. You may lose some sales because of a negative review (then again, you may lose a customer for life over a disappointing product with glowing and fake reviews), but in the long run, it all evens out. I know I've spent hundreds, if not thousands of dollars, to buy stuff - sight unseen - based on reviews from people I recognized and knew I could trust.

I've been impressed with Summer's efforts and DinoDirect so far (I haven't gotten my two orders yet, but I'm hopeful since others have and both show as shipped with tracking), so I'm not trying to dump on them. I just think the fake reviews are a terrible practice and I'm hopeful to hear they will get rid of them. If they could do that, I would even push for BLF getting rid of the "AVOID" label in Dealer Experiences.

I found the picture of my backyard on Dino's site. It is for the Uniquefire S10. At least they are using their own copy of the picture (not hotlinking to my website) and use a picture for the correct light (although my S10 burned out and I had converted it to direct drive; so it isn't entirely accurate).

http://www.dinodirect.com/uniquefire-led-flashlight-230lumen-6mode-cree-r2-s10.html

I have to applaud Summer's efforts here. The website "business" practices have to change, however.

DD would look more credible, with character thrown-in to the mix, if changes were made.

Consumers (especially here) are savvy, and intelligent in the West.

Many customers would purchase products at DD, if the website BS was cleaned-up.

I have to agreed with brted and don't think he is trying to dump on them :bigsmile: Those "reviews" don't help.

That's why I rarely bother with reviews on any of the Chinese flashlight sites. I just don't trust them. I like what Amazon did with the "Verified Amazon Purchase" tag at the top of reviews that were purchased from Amazon, and I trust that it's being placed correctly since you'll see it on negative and positive reviews. This gives you confidence you're most likely getting a genuine review since a transaction was actually made through Amazon. What can I say: They're the kings of online retailing and they deserve that title. Maybe that's why I'm so skeptical of these Chinese sites; the bar has been raised quite high.

But all that aside, the fake reviews at DD has turned me off to pursuing any purchases with them. I'd rather support the seemingly honest and open companies with my hard earned money and there's plenty of competition out there. I won't lower my standards or principles to save a buck or two. However, I'm willing to wait for DD to turn things around :)

Seriously, i don't even know that there is a review section over at DD and DX for that matter (never scrolled that far down LOL!) but recently i knew that because of the posts about them. Just knew that there is a review section at MF after the Sky Ray SR3800 came out, coz someone said that his copy got 1.45A only.

Ebay too, i just see that many transactions have gone through, ok...BUY! You guys read the feedback on Ebay?

It probably is the vast difference in culture or something. I hope I don't offend anyone, but the thing is that usually in places like Taiwan/HK/Thailand/Viet/Indonesia/Malaysia/Cambodia, we Asian tourists don't get no attention, because every vendor/seller/bar is going after Caucasians. :D Even if you are an Australian Chinese it doesn't matter... :D

In China it is very common for me or rather my wife to get 80% discount. It's the norm. 10 cities there, 3 cities in Taiwan, 2 cities in Thailand, > 10 cities in Indonesia....etc all the same. Sometimes we get tricked, but most times esp in China if someone gives you a $1000 asking price, you counter-offer $150, he will get pissed and you get scolded.....but bottomline is $$$, deal still goes through, we may even shake hands. Thing is, you need to do your homework, rare cases you may even pay $120 for that $1000 item because you are buying 2 dozens. (to give to friends/colleagues etc)

If you go to YiWu's International Trade Centre in China, you will see some stuff are ridiculous, 29 cents for a nice paper bag that costs $8 in a shopping centre retail shop. Stuff that costs $10-20 costs next to nothing there. It's the same in Shenzhen. But you buy in boxes or sometimes Containers. I remember scoring a gem because they gave me a sample price, i paid just under usd 20 or so for a 0.001g precision jewlery weighing machine. http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/285252389-sell-Jewelry-scale-Digital-jewelry-scale-digital-pocket-scale-50g-0-001g-free-shipping-wholesalers.html

Yes it was precise enough to get my coins' and gold chains' weight to be 100% correct....so not a POS cheap scale.

"It's like that"....

I greatly value feedback. Amazon and ebay have made it popular and basically a natural function of trading. It's just what I'm used to now. It forces manufacturers and sellers to be accountable. Feedback is a VERY good thing! Even when I'm not buying from Amazon I will go to their website for reviews. People are really eager to share their experiences now. Maybe for most it gives them warm fuzzies to post, but whatever the reason at least the word is getting out. And after sifting through reviews over many years you develop a knack for weeding out the fakes and emotionally radical ones.

I don't know.. maybe it's Western culture. Also, living in Montana you get REALLY used to purchasing online ;)

Yeah i guess if you are in Montana/great outdoors, everything you do is going to be online. When my sister was working in Eil Lilly in Indianopolis, everything was online. (I actually shipped my Amondotech 3152 35W HID and 3 x Luxeon to her, then she carried it back to SG when she visited us LOL!) Because I think could not ship to overseas address or something.

It all boils down to scruples and character. Not that we are saints in the west, but we do have B.S. radar.

Wow...how did this topic get so off-topic?

Bottom line; I'll continue to buy from DD, when exceptional deals/discounts are presented.

Have been happy with the purchases so far.

thanks for all your good suggestion. We will update the review section as soon as possible,hope to bring you a new impression of DD, and i wil try my best to offer help on your orders or any issues.thaks

Got my V10A today! Not too bad given that China had a 1-week holiday in there. The light seems perfect. The box got dinged up in transport, but I'm not worried about that. Looking forward to dark.

My V10A is still stuck on chinapost "departure from outward office of exchange" since 7th of October . Ordered on 23rd of Semptember, so almost one month ago. Btw, yesterday I received a package that was "shipped" (DD terms) on 11th of October.

I did a mini-review here a while ago. I loaned the light out to a buddy and I haven't seen it in a couple of weeks.