Discount on Flashlights in DD------Sept. Group Buy

Seriously, i don't even know that there is a review section over at DD and DX for that matter (never scrolled that far down LOL!) but recently i knew that because of the posts about them. Just knew that there is a review section at MF after the Sky Ray SR3800 came out, coz someone said that his copy got 1.45A only.

Ebay too, i just see that many transactions have gone through, ok...BUY! You guys read the feedback on Ebay?

It probably is the vast difference in culture or something. I hope I don't offend anyone, but the thing is that usually in places like Taiwan/HK/Thailand/Viet/Indonesia/Malaysia/Cambodia, we Asian tourists don't get no attention, because every vendor/seller/bar is going after Caucasians. :D Even if you are an Australian Chinese it doesn't matter... :D

In China it is very common for me or rather my wife to get 80% discount. It's the norm. 10 cities there, 3 cities in Taiwan, 2 cities in Thailand, > 10 cities in Indonesia....etc all the same. Sometimes we get tricked, but most times esp in China if someone gives you a $1000 asking price, you counter-offer $150, he will get pissed and you get scolded.....but bottomline is $$$, deal still goes through, we may even shake hands. Thing is, you need to do your homework, rare cases you may even pay $120 for that $1000 item because you are buying 2 dozens. (to give to friends/colleagues etc)

If you go to YiWu's International Trade Centre in China, you will see some stuff are ridiculous, 29 cents for a nice paper bag that costs $8 in a shopping centre retail shop. Stuff that costs $10-20 costs next to nothing there. It's the same in Shenzhen. But you buy in boxes or sometimes Containers. I remember scoring a gem because they gave me a sample price, i paid just under usd 20 or so for a 0.001g precision jewlery weighing machine. http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/285252389-sell-Jewelry-scale-Digital-jewelry-scale-digital-pocket-scale-50g-0-001g-free-shipping-wholesalers.html

Yes it was precise enough to get my coins' and gold chains' weight to be 100% correct....so not a POS cheap scale.

"It's like that"....

I greatly value feedback. Amazon and ebay have made it popular and basically a natural function of trading. It's just what I'm used to now. It forces manufacturers and sellers to be accountable. Feedback is a VERY good thing! Even when I'm not buying from Amazon I will go to their website for reviews. People are really eager to share their experiences now. Maybe for most it gives them warm fuzzies to post, but whatever the reason at least the word is getting out. And after sifting through reviews over many years you develop a knack for weeding out the fakes and emotionally radical ones.

I don't know.. maybe it's Western culture. Also, living in Montana you get REALLY used to purchasing online ;)

Yeah i guess if you are in Montana/great outdoors, everything you do is going to be online. When my sister was working in Eil Lilly in Indianopolis, everything was online. (I actually shipped my Amondotech 3152 35W HID and 3 x Luxeon to her, then she carried it back to SG when she visited us LOL!) Because I think could not ship to overseas address or something.

It all boils down to scruples and character. Not that we are saints in the west, but we do have B.S. radar.

Wow...how did this topic get so off-topic?

Bottom line; I'll continue to buy from DD, when exceptional deals/discounts are presented.

Have been happy with the purchases so far.

thanks for all your good suggestion. We will update the review section as soon as possible,hope to bring you a new impression of DD, and i wil try my best to offer help on your orders or any issues.thaks

Got my V10A today! Not too bad given that China had a 1-week holiday in there. The light seems perfect. The box got dinged up in transport, but I'm not worried about that. Looking forward to dark.

My V10A is still stuck on chinapost "departure from outward office of exchange" since 7th of October . Ordered on 23rd of Semptember, so almost one month ago. Btw, yesterday I received a package that was "shipped" (DD terms) on 11th of October.

I did a mini-review here a while ago. I loaned the light out to a buddy and I haven't seen it in a couple of weeks.