Discussion : - Utorch UT01

It used to be that 2 out of 4 of mine had this bug. Then, a week or so ago, I decided to do an emitter swap on one of the ones that worked with 14500s. A few days later, it developed the problem, too, despite never seeing much use before or after the emitter swap.

So, I pulled out my once tested and otherwise unused UT01. I swapped the emitter in, and noticed along the way that the reflector was no longer threaded like it had been on the first three (so they’d done some redesign). Now, tonight, after a few days of minimal use, it now has the same problem.

This makes me very angry.

I thought I had one of the good ones. Worked fine for a month or two, then it developed the same issue as everyone else’s. Not buying Utorch again in a hurry, this issue was known LONG before I bought mine, seems like they had no interest in solving it.

Oh, even better. I downgraded this latest casualty to NiMH; It has the same problem with those!

I have UTOCH UT01 for about a year and it works without any problems. I use it irregularly. After reading today’s answers, I measured the battery. After a few months when I did not use the lamp, it has a voltage of 3.9 volts. So my UTORCH does not have a large parasitic current drain. I only use the Li-ion 14 500 battery.

mine broke after 1 year
i probably use it 30 times a day so that would be about 11,000 switch operations
still

bad design or bad part

wle

how hard is to make a properly working light,
my UTOCH UT01 have the same problem, need to break the contact after turning off the light,

i mean i love this light, so nice and compact but common this fukin switch/driver is a deal breaker,

i need to buy more AA/14500 light but nothing new the past year or so :person_facepalming: