Do we ever do Get Togethers?

I’d love to visit the USA some time, but i don’t have the money for it…
I think TLF (Germany) does get togethers sometimes, but my German is much worse than i thought…
Either way, it’s a good idea.

I have been looking into trying to organize a weekend meet here on Southern Ontario Canada for nearby flashlight enthusiasts for a couple years now. Hopefully this summer will be a success.

Well i dont think its possible, its true that especialy BLF countrymates can if they can find the will and the time for that.

Do we have any way of finding out where most BLF users are from - country, state, city? It obviously makes no economic sense if someone would have to travel a longer distance just to meet a few folks (airfare, gas, …).
But I would be very happy to combine a business trip with a meetup, I have done that with other hobbies before (FPV, cars and coffee, …)

For just an evening would not be worth it, but to make a weekend long event with activities would be if enough were to attend. (night time beam-shot shootouts, BBQs & potluck meals, buy & sell & trade tables, Lumens & lux measuring bench testing, info panels, etc.

i like the idea, i’m even willing to drive up to 200 miles one way. i could never make to cpf meets unfortunately even thou it was in nj relatively close.

I remember there were two. The first one posted nice pics afterward. The second never came thru with pics. No clue, even raking brains, how to search for the threads.

Think the first one was in 2013 and the second in 2014.

I have to admit the thought of a couple of dozen GTs in one spot is intriguing.

Call it “BLF Burning-Man”…

FCW-10 / Flashlight & Camping GetTogether
NOVEMBER 1st-4th 2013 (NJ + surrounding area)

There’s a few guys from London and south east UK who get together sometimes. I’ve been along twice and had a great time. Normally just arrange to meet early evening for a bite to eat and a drink in a pub, followed by a walk in the dark.

I wish I knew that back in the day when I lived in Basildon, Brentwood and Stratford. Sounds amazing.

Maybe it’s an idea to start local?
You might for instance send a PM with a FB link or something, to start some flashlight discussion in your own language.
Who knows where the discussion will end?

Recently i joined Neals page and recognized some BLF names :wink:

Every now and then Nico (BLF member Nicolaas) and I meet for some modding, and we still want to organise a dutch meet-up at some point. It must be somewhere cheap, and it is best if there is a possibility to spend the night (camping, or at someone’s home) and there must be the opportunity to shine around with flashlights over distances without disturbing anyone. But we both live in small appartments in Amsterdam so our places are out of the question.

Real good bunch of guys. Are you no longer in the Essex area? I’m over near Harlow.

No longer, unfortunately. My employer transferred me to North America (with international travel). Still come back to London for random meetings though.

Always loved Essex, especially Canvey Island, Leigh-On-Sea, and Southend.

Wow small world, I work in Eastwood, just off the A 127

I got together with a fellow BLF member a few years ago at my house. I wont mention his name because we drank too much Vodka and he ended up getting sick. That said, we had a nice time together. He stayed overnight in my spare bedroom. In the morning I cooked pancakes and eggs for breakfast before he flew back to Canada. Super nice guy. He’s been gone from BLF for over a year now. I hope he’s ok.

My god, we’d all go blind if we did :stuck_out_tongue:

This would be cool. I have know idea if anyone is in Eastern Washington, US.