Do you ever reach for a flashlight when you don't need one?

Fidget spinners used to be a thing. Sometimes I open and close a knife, sometimes I play with one of my flashlights. Who’s to say what is needed?

My flashlights ARE fidget spinners

well no but i have the phone usually with me and it has a weak led light in case of emergency :smiley:

sometimes i will check to see if it is in the pocket ie did not fall out, or me leave it somewhere

or i will go in a dark room and use flashlight instead of trying to remember [or don;t know] where the wall switch is, or i want to see really fast when i get in there

As a few others said. I never go anywhere without a leatherman and a flashlight. Day or night.

Wallet, keys and a pistol of some variety as well.

I try and forget my phone as often as possible. People keep calling me on it.

Of course.

Why would I click the light switch on the wall when I can use my EDC light? :stuck_out_tongue: :disappointed: :laughing:

Couldn’t agree more, hence my signature. :smiley:

Oh you bet. Probably more times than when I actually need a light, which on a regular day is twice or thrice.

What can I say, they’re nice to hold and fun to fiddle with. And kids need their toys! :smiley:

I keep the house dark enough that using a flashlight is never out of place.

But I’ve never been accused of being normal.

<If it makes you feel any better, I dislike almost all sitcoms now.

I do like late night talk shows that are funny and movies that are funny, but I haven’t been a fan of most sitcoms for a long time.

I think most of the sitcoms that I like are cartoons made for adults.>

—————————-

Ha. I didn’t like sitcoms as a kid. Never thought much about why. Still can’t watch them. Pink Panther and Roadrunner? Still a riot…

I always grab a flashlight leaving. Maybe she dropped a credit card in the car and can’t find it, or I lose something findable with some light help. Is that a cruise missile under my truck? Flashlights during the day are okay.

I’ve caught that “disease” too :smiley:

One reason for BLF is you can come here and realize other people are much more screwed up than you .
Best part of having a good light on you is when someone else needs a light .

+1

Indeed.
As a long-term torch user (maybe 34 years or so) from age 8, I am the only person I know who is in to them - and knives aswell. I’m probably deemed a dork or whatever for my hobbies, but that turns around real fast when someone is in need of either, urgently.
I have been asked a few times why I carry a knife everywhere I go, and my only reply is “why not?”. That usually ends the questioning.

All the time, my friend!