Do you get enough sleep?

I’m not yellow.
In case anyone needs guidance: This smartass emoticon is more of the ironic variety. :student:

And:

I have poor sleep quality and difficulty falling asleep. So, I never get enough sleep. I have to try to avoid device and computer screens in the evenings.

No, I do not get enough sleep. Recently, I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. which is a sleep disorder. I actually spent two days in the hospital hooked up to a breathing machine. I never had this condition in my life before. The reason for me even bothering with a diagnosis, is because I started thinking since I’m a 911 survivor, perhaps all that dust somehow messed up my system. Not sure. I spent most of my day at work nodding in and out. dead tire. The second I get home, my tiredness goes away. So, they prescribed me a c-pack machine. is a machine that helps you breathe easier, so you can sleep better at night. That was 4 months ago. Since they have a chip shortage, they have backed log-on machines. Lucky me.

I get about 5 to 6 hours per day during week, and probably 8 to 9 on the weekend nights.

I wear a Mi Band 6 to sleep. It detects how long I sleep each night, how long is the “deep sleep”, how long is the “light sleep”, and how long is the REM (dreaming) sleep.

Usually I sleep about eight hours a night, with about 2 hours of “deep sleep”, 4:30 hours of “light sleep” and 1:30 hours of REM sleep.

“Deep sleep” is the best, most relaxing to the brain and body without any dreaming (or don’t remember any dream) during this time.

ABOUT 6 HOURS A night

editing.

Big subject, I’ve used to some guided meditation before going to sleep. Search for None Sleep Deep Rest “NSDR”, and /or Yoga Nidra on youtube, pick 10, 15 or 20 minutes and see it it helps.

I hope you get your CPAP soon. Also wish you the best getting used to it, it took me many weeks to get used to. But once you do get used to it you will feel the difference it makes, and quality of life will improve.
Long story cut short, I have managed to reduce my sleep apnea by managing my weight (down 16kg) and improving my fitness. After being retested I’ve been told I don’t need the CPAP. But my body has got used to the CPAP and I can’t just stop using, now weaning off it by slowly lowering the pressure over months.

The amount of sleep I get varies, but I try not to get less than 6hrs because I really start to feel it at that point.

This sleep calculator is kinda neat: Sleep Calculator: Ideal Bedtime & Wake Up Times - Sleepytime

It helps you avoid waking up during a sleep cycle to prevent the associated grogginess.

I used to have sleep apnea, though I don't have it any more.

I do use a CPAP machine.

It makes it so much easier to breathe through my nose when I sleep.

I got so accustomed to my CPAP machine that I have to use it to sleep.

Sleep! lol. I have a hell of a time falling asleep an when I do I get maybe 4 to five hours. I am 55 now but have always had trouble falling and staying asleep. Once or twice a month I get 7 hours just because I am so over exhausted. I went to sleep at 11:00AM Thursday the 15th and woke up at 3:30PM the same day and have been awake still now, Friday the 16th at 11:04PM. The thing I hate the most is if I get woken up I can’t fall back asleep. I was taking Ambien sleeping pills for a while until my wife said I was acting like Captain Jack Sparrow waking up in the middle of the night and scaring the shit out of her, lol. That stuff is nasty!!! but I slept or at least I think I was, can’t remember lol. Its funny now but not while I was taking it. Beer helps sometimes or a few glasses of Woodford Reserve Bourbon but other then that I have to wait till I pass out, sad!