Do you know of any ORIGINAL Chinese knives that are not ripoffs/copies?

I have slightly revised my post above and added another similar knife, blade, to be exact.

LOL I see what you are getting at, but that is not close to an EL-01. To small and narrow. Have you heard of the M16 by CRKT?? Pretty similar I’d say. :wink:

So basically you’re saying that despite the handle being different, the blade being different, the flipper being different, and the blade stop mechanism being different they’re the same knife?

shakes my head

The Gerber is quite similar to the spearpoint CRKT M16

Enlan EL 01

Gerber EVO Jr

CRKT M16Z

Someone has been copying, but it’s not Enlan.

were you responding to me? cant tell if you were disagreeing or agreeing with me lol.

crkt - made in china

gerber - made in china

i would not be surprised if enlan, bee, ganzo, SRM... are not making these knives for them

well there is this

thought erybody knew…

Sorry, I didn’t see you post while I was fiddling with mine.

But yes, I would agree with you.

Apparently some of the earlier Enlans borrowed design cues from other manufacturers, but I think they do their own work now.

Ganzo and Navy do the copying in that industry. Pity really, as I do like the Navy replicas of Spyderco (not so much the Benchmade models) but of course that’s why Spyderco introduced the Byrd line. If you want a folding knife reminiscent of a Endura or Delica (plus a few other things) made in China then Spyderco are happy to sell them to you, and thanks to Spyderco’s input the Sanrenmu knives get a good heat treatment (just as Benchmade using them resulted in Sanrenmus with axis locks).

here’s one that caught my eye recently

not the same, but its the only other time I have seen the little hook stop thing.

I wouldnt say that they are identical(EL01 and the ones I posted), but they surely have something in common, as far as blade styling goes on EL01/EVO.

Meh, who knows what is being copied and what not, doesnt make EL01 less of a knife or degrades its value.

Nice find! I really dislike that hook as it pinches and snags on things. The 763 is a nice knife let down by some really irritating design choices (metal lanyard cage, poor thumbstud contouring in G10, horrid pocket-clip).

You know… I have not been that bothered by those traits. But I know what you mean. If they made a few well thought-out changes the 763 could be improved from a good knife to a really good one. The general proportions are good and I like the big belly blade.

I normally EDC various Spyderco, but sometimes I just love me some Sanrenmu:

My best kitchen knives are Oriental style triangular bladed chef’s knives, from Goodwill. They look kind of cheap and have no brand name on them. They say “molybdenum vanadium steel Taiwan”. Those knives are not original style, but the style probably originated in China at some time in the distant past. The blade is straight and the handle is raised so your hand can be over the chopping board without touching it. They really do hold an edge as one would hope molybdenum vanadium steel would.

I do like this very much :bigsmile:

Aren’t there any with well rounded water buffalo horn handles? Wood is easier to cut to shape than plastic is.

What kind of pattern? Rough Rider make quite a range of more traditional folding knives:
http://www.smkw.com/webapp/eCommerce/prodlist.jsp?Mode=Brand&Brand=229

Knives from Pakistan tend to be original, interesting and useful in shape, but the steel is soft and there are often large defects.

Some of their knives are made in China.

There seems too much difference for that.

Too much difference? Well, I’ve not handled any Rough Rider knives that were made in Pakistan. But their Chinese-made knives can be quite good for the price, some fit and finish flaws as you would expect.