Do you prefer traditional style or L-Shape Headlamp?

I’ve tried headlamps in a few shapes:

• L shaped, like the PL47, where the LEDs are on the side of one end of the tube.
  • i shaped, like a ZebraLight headlamp, where the LEDs are at one end of the tube past the end of the battery.
  • T shaped, like a Nitecore HC50 or YLP Panda, where the LEDs are centered on the side of the tube.

My favorite is the T shape… ideally in a design where the LEDs don’t stick out very far. I want the LEDs centered and floody.

I don’t really like the L shape or i shape headlamps… at least, not for headlamp purposes. They’re okay when sticking out of a pocket or stuck to a metal surface, but those types of headless use aren’t why I buy head lamps.

1 Thank

Still cheaper than a zebralight :zipper_mouth_face: don’t forget, they have built-in charger and the battery is included so it’s way cheaper buying the wizard pro and for the code, “red” or “reddit” will give 10% off

Ok, thanks again.

I have a traditional style headlamp, and a L-shaped one.

I like that the L-shape headlamp is removable from the holder, and I can use it in hand. Also, the magnetic tail cap is useful for tasks under the hood and such, that require different light angles that a fixed headlamp might not be able to offer.

The traditional style is more of a one trick pony. Nothing really wrong with that, it does what is designed for, and does it well. Just not as much of a multipurpose tool like an L-shape.

Like a regular torch that can be hand held, can tail stand, or be mounted to a weapon, or bike. It offers flexibility.

I don’t really need a headlamp, but I may need an L-shaped flashlight for daily duties, emergency and sometimes, hands-free jobs.