Do you use your lights mostly inside or outside?

About equal amount of time for light use indoors and outside, at the moment. And only using them briefly for around 30 seconds or so at a time.

When outside, I always carry a light. But those are not often used.
EDIT: mostly to look for the throw-and-catch toy my dog lost in the garden.

When inside, I grab the first light I see. And I use them quite often.
It seems like the windows in my house have shrunk lately, blocking daylight from entering.

Yes, and yes. :smiley: Day and task dependent, changes by the minute. I use my lights daytime, nighttime, indoor and out, and every mix there of.

I work professionally in construction remodeling and maintenance.

My hobbies range from hiking and hunting to auto mechanics, and metal fabrication, building electronics, and 3D printing. Among 40 other things.

Anywhere and everywhere there are small(and big!) dark places that need light. Plus poor room lighting, and things that simply need light from a specific angle.

Add in being in northern Alaska, and half the year having no sunlight for more than a few hours, that there is a lot of outside use. But even when we have 24 hours of sunlight I have lots of outdoor use.

Its why I find it so hard to have one perfect light, or just one light on me. (Or maybe its just good justification lol ).

inside
because it is usually naturally darker
and i am at home at night usually

Autumn and spring - outside, winter - inside. Because generally I have to look for garden tools, shut the garden shed etc in autumn - spring, and I spend winter inside.
Summer - we have “white nights” (close enough to the arctic circle), I’ll have to check my habbits…

1 Thank

Looking at the designs of lanterns that are popular around here, I suspect very few are used for camping, despite the marketing photos.

To a great many, camping is not what it used to be.

I hesitate to get too nostalgic about things as dual-mantle propane lanterns are also functionally terrible for camping in my opinion.

Ah but those were the days! Lol

Many campouts were dark or only lit by what fire could be made. Sometimes Cedar was all that could be used for the fire and it popped so bad you still had to be in the dark!

As it’s turned out, my wife has asthma and allergies and can’t do campouts so my tent is abandoned and much of the supplies are gone. Such is life.

2 Thanks

The wife and I haven’t camped in years. When we do it’s in the middle of nowhere camping. We promised each other we would try and get back out there this year. Bought a canoe last year. Hopefully that will see lots of use this year as well.

Happy rowing! :slight_smile:

I don’t know about anyone else, but my LT1S Pro gets used almost entirely indoors as a candle or as a false sunset. I’ve never been very into camping, but I still enjoy huddling around a fire with a blanket… even if the fire is just LEDs.

I may also just be cold today and craving a nap. :innocent:

1 Thank