Does anyone have this zoomy? eBay/ Ultrafire special...

There is no question about the lack of quality control standards with some of these sellers. :slight_smile:

Thanks again.

I really am impressed with this light…heavy duty construction, well machined, seems well designed and fairly reliable. Zoom is smooth and tight. I wish I had a bit more experience so I could conduct a real review. If anyone knows of an existing review of this torch, please let me know. Thanks all. :slight_smile:

Does this light have memory?

hoping it doesn't 8)

Also, how large of a spot would you say there is at about 80 meters?

Doesn’t seem to have any memory, but I haven’t tried any obscure 3 minute intervals or anythingl. Spot at 80 yards is pretty big - maybe 15ft diameter or so. Wait, is that big?

Thanks for the response. 15 feet seems pretty big. I wonder how much lux it’s putting out then.

OK, so how would compare that spot at 80 yards compared to a C8 sized XM-L light? Again, I’m wondering if an XR-E R2 in a C8 is the way to go.

I’ve not yet gotten myself a C8 variant yet, so not sure. The aspheric lense on this UF torch will certainly give a different beam signature than a C8 would. I’ve also read that XM-L emitters are too large to give us the tightest throw, so maybe you’re right…

Forgot to come back here and mention a few things.

First, I have since learned that this is indeed an Ultrafire clone of the Trustfire Z5, except it only takes 1x 18650.

Second, as shown in the video posted above, my light does have a full-on light saber effect on high, and I fully blame the higher-quality 18650 protected cells I’ve received since this post. (3000mAh Trusfire Flame, and 2600 mAh Solarforce V3). This thing is a powerhouse now, and while I still don’t have a C8 to compare throw, this guy throws. I have several more torches now, and I still feel it is a quite versatile and a fun night-hike light. The draw appears to be low enough that it doesn’t produce as much heat and lasts quite a bit longer than my P60 setups that would obviously be brighter overall. Bit if you don’t need the brightest light on high mode all night, the versatility of a zoomy like this may be valuable.

Anyone else end up with one of these or another clone? I still haven’t seen a more comprehensive review, but I read a review of the TF Z1/Z5, and a lot of folks were wishing for the T5 in a 1x 18650 config. Well, here it is, for less than $20. :slight_smile: