Donation to Old-Lumnens (finished)

I do the 16 taps and the light shuts off, then it blinks twice. Then blinks twice again, then comes on full time. All I’m doing is holding it.

I’m supposed to wait until I see the number of blinks I want right? Except I’m not getting them as seen in the video.

I have no problem getting into Level 1 modes.

Questions… what is muggle mode? And how does battery check work?

I just got my first 2 blinks after 16 taps and I got moonlight mode back and 6 more levels above that. But that no sense to me.

Right now though I need to back off. I’m getting frustrated. I’ll come back to this andI’ll figure out what I’m doing wrong eventually. But if someone has a clue what I’m doing wrong, my mind is open.

Some observations… it sure does drain a battery fast! That’s the FET, correct? I’m guessing that it supplies current for the lumens the way a fire hose supplies water. It heats up fast too! It’s also brighter than a C8 but much smaller. Nice light, good job BLF and Manker!

Looking forward to the Q8 if this is any indication.

Holy moly!!! These thing are bright……. :+1:

Mine arrived today. Shipped on the 14th, arrived on the 23rd……… not to shabby at all in the fast delivery department.

1 engraved, 1 not engraved. One out of two ain’t bad. :wink:

Thank’s again Manker for doing this………. :+1:

If you turn it of at the first two blinks you will change from 4 or seven modes to the opposite set. If you turn it off at the second two blinks you will turn same made memory on or off.

Thanks, I’m guessing that what I was led to for the flowchart (or video) isn’t valid for this light then? I don’t care, I just don’t want to try to find modes that this light doesn’t have.

I received mine today. I got one with OL engraving. I really like it. Thank you

BrianK, In this link is the “flowchart” you are looking for. There is a link to the video right under the chart.
FLOWCHART & VIDEO Link

Hi Teacher, That’s the one I’ve been using, but from what I gather it’s not 100% correct. I think it’s the UI for the BLF Q8.

Your timing is excellent. I’ve been working on charting the UI that I’ve found and just finished. If someone finds it to be incorrect please post. Thanks for the help MRsDNF! I’d have been trying to find things that don’t exist in this light for hours.

Dang! I can’t post pix. This forum software is so different.

>>>Find it here<<<<<][IMG]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/BBQinMaineiac/Razoreviews/Kronos%20X5%20UI_zpsxmkkk6i8.jpg

Brian - another issue that might be confusing is I've found with the X5's I own (4 or so) the tail switch is pretty sensitive, on this one I even see flicker on occasion which I think is from the switch. On mine you can see the rubber boot over the switch bulging out. Didn't look at it yet, but I could probably trim down the knob in the center of the rubber boot a little, then I think it would work better.

The one I rcv's with the O-L engraving appears to be the Bistro UI as linked to by teacher above. The BLF Q8 UI is very different - it's an e-switch driver, not clicky driver, so operates completely different.

Here's your UI jpg:

Are you using advanced post editor? If so, use the Insert drop-down from the menu bar. In photobucket, use the "direct" cmd to copy the link to the clipboard.

Hhmm, sounds like you got the BLF A6 driver, which is using a Attiny13A, not the Attiny25 that runs Bistro. The A6 has only 2 mode sets: 4 modes and 7 modes.

Thanks for posting that for me*. I had no problem with the tail switch, but yes, it does protrude. It won’t easily tail stand.

It about drove me nuts yesterday ‘cause all I could get in config’ mode was the blink blink, blink blink. :slight_smile: All is well now. Maybe that’ll help someone else.

Mine isn’t engraved with OL so maybe the UI is different? It’s still a nice light and I’m not complaining.

*I’d love to see the command line for that so that I can post pix. When I use the post photo tab above, all it shows me is a “photo not found” error.

No prob - there isn't a "post photo tab" I can see. Use the "Insert" drop down from the menu bar, then choose "Insert/edit image", and for "Source", paste the link from Photobucket.

Edit: Ok, I compare exactly what you got to the BLF A6 UI flowchart and they are a dead-on match!! So, you definitely got an A6 driver there. Interesting...

Here's the A6 UI posted by bugsy https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/36315/2. Here it is:

Hmmmm, maybe mine is different BrianK
Mine is exactly like the UI I posted the link to. (shown below)
I checked it all.
Good luck and keep us posted……… :slight_smile:

Thanks. I like Bugsys drawing a whole lot better than mine.

I’d like to hear from more folks who got unengraved lights. I bet that’s the difference.

How is the Battery check used?

Hmmm, my light I am referring to is not engraved?
Is yours engraved BrianK??

I did get an engraved one also, but have not checked it. I will in a minute and report back.

Mine is missing the Old Lumens engraving. If yours also isn’t engraved there goes that theory. So it appears to be hit or miss as to which UI folks have.
It’s easy enough to find out. Just tap,tap,tap 16 times or until the light shuts off and see how many blinks one gets. The light will inform the owner. At least now no one will be trying to figure out the UI “blind”. Unless someone steps forward to declare a 3rd UI. :smiley:

For me it’s no big deal which UI I have. I still think Manker did a really good thing here.

OK, I just checked the engraved one I got. It has the same UI as my unengraved one, the one in post #134.

I totally agree with you BrianK, this was not about the light. :+1:

So some have a bistro driver, some have the BLF-A6 driver. So does the lighted tail work on the ones with the A6 driver? (which does not have the bleeder resistor). Or is it disabled perhaps, because a lighted tail without bleeder can seriously mess up the user interface.

Btw, I received mine today, with OL-engraving and Bistro-driver.

Mine has a lit tail. FWIW, the light goes out when the LED is on. It’s the only lit tail that I have so I don’t know if that’s the norm. There’s certainly no reason for it to be lit once it’s in use.

Yep, that is the norm. :slight_smile:

Same with mine (no logo) I think this is the way it should be.

strike thru fail-Can someone confirm that when setting modes etc the last “click” should be a full click?
For example I was going for mode 5, so I should do 4 partial or half clicks then the full (audible) click to turn off the light (right?)-strike thru fail off :frowning:

EDIT: Disregard that question, I clearly have the A6 driver and dumb thumbs, at least now I know that when the light is doing weird stuff it’s actually because my (dumb) thumb can’t tell the difference between short and long taps.

PS - as it has been stated…this isn’t and never was about the light

Turn the light off with a full click right after the 2 blinks. Maybe I’m not fast enough, but it takes me a couple of tries to get it right sometime.

I just had to refresh what I had been doing and first try switched from 7 levels to 4. Then to switch it back the 3rd time was the charm.