done with zebralights looking for a replacment

Hi Guys hope the new year is good to you all
i am looking for a replacement for my zebralight H600 which has stopped working the switch has gone it no longer has that click to it
just a solid feel
somthing has broken and it is hit or miss as to whether it will switch on or not and selecting mods is just about impossible
i have bought 3 zebralights in the last 5 years and this is the second one to fail my H31 stopped working last year
neither of them have been used very much used for 15-20 mins 3-4 times a week on winter nights when taking my dogs out
i would like somthing that does not step down after a few mins on high i want as much light as i can get the H600 was ok on high but not as much light as i needed when it stepped down
so a minimum of 500 lumens 1000 would be better battery type does not matter though i have plenty 16340 and 18650 all suggestions welcome
cheers Barrie

I’ve been using a NW Armytek Wizard Pro as my primary EDC for the past 6 weeks and it seems Solid (capital ‘s’ intended). I like the UI for the most part; it’s not quite as slick in some ways as the UI on my H502D but overall it is very easy to use. Nice tint too. I want to get my hands on a WP Wide sometime, just to compare.

yeah my h600 has a finicky button…such a good light though and it’s a real shame…I fricken love it…spark ST6 looks good but not as bright on paper as the h600 and not as many modes…still looks like a worthy replacement as long as it’s more reliable…i’m gonna get one eventually…

… but I need to start somewhere with a couple of questions.

What do you plan to do with the dead one( s )?

Reason I’m asking, A: if you’ll cover the freight & a coin for the part, I think I can replace the switch for you.

B: If you want to donate it/them to a Good Cause, I’d cover the freight and some residual value to you for both the broken ones.

Or not. I’ll assume No News is “NO” News so you don’t even have to reply. Your call, and Good Luck and I won’t hijack this thread any further. Thanks for reading!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Dim

PS: I don’t know about these Internet “ads”, but if you’re seeing what I’m seeing, as I write this, there’s an ad for Zebralight in the LH column of this page!

Here’s one that has gotten good reviews. Nitecore HC50 565Lm Headlamp Review Bought this for my best friend for Christmas and he’s been loving it!

yeah been eyeing that one also…for the price it’s worth a shot…

You beat me to it 8)

Have you contacted ZL customer support? I contacted one of my lights mfgs for a bad switch on a 3 yr old light. They sent me a replacement tailcap gratis, so it’s worth the trouble to let ZL know of your problems.

Yeah… same here. Trying to switch modes in my SC600 is like playing the lottery. It will switch on (most of the time) but after that it’s useless. Even switching off is very iffy.
So now it just sits at the bottom of my drawer, $95 worth of crap… worst purchase I ever made (based on price).
My <$15 Convoy is still going great guns although it’s not really up there with the brand-name flashlights. Now that’s a purchase I’m totally happy with…

thanks for the replys
i like the nitecore and will look into that
i will be contacting ZL regarding the issues i have had considering the price of their light i think it is reasonable to expect more than 2 years of occasional gentle use
i will let you know how i get on
cheers for now

I contacted zl awhile back asking if they could repair my h600…this is what they replied

“Yes, we can repaire your H600. The cost is $15 to cover the packing and shipping (we’ll have to send it to China for the work).

Sincerely,”

I then asked how I pay the 15$ and never heard from them again…so for 30$ (cost to ship to them and the 15:money_mouth_face: I think i’d rather put it toward a new light…

Go for the Nitecore and get it from illuminationsupply.com. They usually have a coupon and great service. Not a headlamp expert but of the ones I have, like the HC50 the best. Don’t like the Zebralights because of the reflector off to one side, Sparks are also nice.

Sent my brand new H52w back to ZL because it wouldn’t work with NiMh and only work with primary modes with Li-ons.

On 1/20/14 they told me they would be shipping out a replacement at the end of the week.

Even til today I have not yet received any information or tracking numbers…or a response from when I contacted them on the 29th again.

This is would be my 5th ZL and the first one I’ve had issues with. Usually their customer service is pretty good, however I’m getting worried about their delay in response.

they are in china, they are pbly closed due to chinise new year, it is quite long holiday by usa standarts. more than a week.
I\O is closed until feb.7th.
i would not worry until end of first week of feb.

They sent me the replacement, all is good.

Unfortunately the headband was loose again. I guess I need to send them another email about it…

I bought a NW Spark SD6 SBFlashlights - authorized dealer of Solarforce, XTAR, iTP, Lumintop, Thrunite, Spark flashlights and an Armytek Wizard CW at the same time last Thanksgiving and both have been good. The Armytek is much brighter but I use the Spark 10X more because of the nice tint and pure even flood. I use them for hands free work at arms length and the Spark has a better spill.

I wish I got the NW in the Armytek as well but I wanted a super powerful headlamp for some reason. Never need the 1000 lumens so NW on medium would be plenty for almost anything I will do. It’s nice to have the extra power though in case you need it for an emergency or something.

Been wanting for a zebralight, h52w especially, but from what i read in blf and cpf there’s so many issues with zebralight. On the other side armytek has some good list of new AA headlamp, but there’s no official date when they will come out, i’m going to wait and compare more.

Been over 2 months - that should be enough time for a round trip repair. Heard ZL does repairs outside of warranty for a nominal fee - it is true?

Yep, Had 2 myself. '52's .. Didn't keep em around long enough to fail.

Sickest tint in the universe. I can tolerate any tint except GREEN

No more for me.

Light use and mine died on a dark stretch during a night run. Naturally after warranty expired. Pissed me off for that much money to crap out.