Driver for triple osram w1

Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone knows what driver i can use for this in a convoy c8+.

1 Thank

Its a 3v LED. maybe convoy 8 A buck. Should give each led about2.6A.

I’ve not seen a C8+ Triple before.
What spacer/Optic will you be using?

4 Thanks

3V 8A i think it would be nice.
See here if you want :wink:

As @INeedMoreLumens implied, your plan may be more complicated than you think. The C8+ reflector is much larger than a 20mm triple optic. There will be a huge void inside the head unless you use a spacer under the MCPCB. This board and host are generally not a good combo.

1 Thank

Im not sure. On the Kaidomain website, the description says that it comes with an optic. H
Im not sure but heres the link.http://kaidomain.com/Triple-Osram-KW-CSLNM1_TG-LED-with-20mm-x-1_5mm-DTP-Copper-PCB-Parallel-w-optics?search=Triple%20osram

I would bet the optic that comes with the led board you ordered is for an fw3 or similar. You will need something entirely different for the C8.

2 Thanks

Theres a picture somewhere on the following pasted thread of a triple reflector on a c8. Convoy C8 Triple? - #13 by Rufusbduck

1 Thank

The optic that it comes with is 20.1mm wide and 6.2mm tall which is suitable for a S2+ triple but won’t work for a C8+.

1 Thank

That’s an entirely different set of PCB/optic combo that has dimensions suitable for a C8. The set you linked is for the much smaller S2+.

1 Thank

Could you try using a triple reflector, 40x20mm, also from kaidomain, a spacer made from round aluminium bar and ‘make’ your own mcpcb by soldering smaller, diameter 16 mcpcbs to some copper? Then wire them in paralell. However its not as straightforward as just buying parts and installing. You will have to cut, drill and maybe even machine

1 Thank

I would love to see a nice triple reflector based light like that……!

That was a real show of talent.

1 Thank