Driver to control 3 LEDs independently, or all on?

I have been searching for a driver board that can sequentially select one of three individual LEDs, or turn them all on at once. I have found some threads on drivers with this idea, but there hasn’t been any activity since 2013. Does such a driver exist NOW? Is this an easy firmware implementation? I can modify the AMC7135 board to isolate the individual 7135 ICs, but can’t do much in the way of programming.

amc7135 are current regulators, nothing more.

you would need something else to do what you want, i do not know of any driver that can do that that is on the market.

actuall there are many cheap lights that use many 5mm leds that function that way, 1 press only few lit up, press again, more light up, press again even more light up, it is done either electronicaly, iirc you’d need a decade counter, iirc ic4017 or mechaincally, 2, 3, or 4 position switches.

i had few judco (at least they looked like judco) switches that had 3 modes, a, b, a and b.

I am very familiar with the AMC7135 regulator ICs, and have designed several 14mm circuit boards using them (for Aleph based lights). I read about one circuit board where the ATtiny13 had been programmed to turn on successive 7135 ICs (7 total). I figured that with three outs, it could be programmed to turn on the individual 7135s, and finally all on at once. As I mentioned, I am not keen on programming.

I think the right people would be Toy Keeper or Dr. Jones.

Don’t know the availability but such things must exist. The 4 led Niteye did this and would even rotate which led it used when on low modes. And there was a scenic clone (the model use in the film Prometheus) that had 3 led. And low = 1 led, med = 2 led.

A little more information may find help out there, it all depends :slight_smile: Driver size, Host, LED type(s), Modes required, 1S or 2S battery configuration, and so forth.

There have been RGB driver talk, I think cereal killer made one, but would still need some help on the software end to adapt to specific needs.

This is a pretty custom requirement. You’re not likely to find a driver for sale that does it. Sorry, you’re going to need custom programing. You could see if RMM / mtnelectronics can do it for you. You can ask RMM here budgetlightforum.com/node/25986

The 17mm RGBW driver from intl-outdoor.com adresses four leds individually, but does not work with 7135 chips but with transistors, and the MCU is not the Attiny13. It does also not have a mode with all leds on simultaniously.

DrJones' RGBW driver usses the Attiny25, and 7135 chips, and has an all-leds-on mode. I believe he now sells his drivers assembled.

(sorry, no links for now, I'm on my phone)

The host will be an Aleph based light, with a custom can. I am mounting 3 Nichia UV LEDs of different wavelengths in the top of the can, and am trying to have the option of each individual wavelength. I have a 14mm 4x AMC7135 PCB with ATtiny 13 that I can hack to provide individual channels. A single mode of 350mA would be sufficient, and simplify things. It will use a single 3.7V RCR cell.

I’ll have to see is DrJones driver will fit the bill, or can be modified to work. I have read a lot about his custom programming, and even got the hardware and software to try it myself. I can’t seem to get the hang of it, though.

I’ll check out RMM if DrJones can’t help me.