Drop tests.... am I stupid?

My two cents. I dropped my awesome Zebralight SC62w on the concrete by accident several months ago. It dented and chipped the front. works fine still. I live with this quilt every day and think about it every time i use it. I don’t recall having any regrets in my life up until that point……….

:laughing:

:open_mouth:

I give mine a strongly worded warning.

Thinking about Schrodinger’s flashlight.
You won’t notice that it is kaputt until you really need it.

All but, damnit, I dented it!!

Don’t forget to freeze it in a block of ice, drop it out of a helicopter, run over it with a humvee, and toss it in a deep-fryer.

I would not do it.
I would expect about 10% of them to break or be weakened.
If they aren;t - it almost means nothing either.
So much depends on exact angles, forces, weaknesses, bad solder, etc, if you drop them 100 times each, i predict that 75% of them will be broken

Far be it from me to judge what’s stupid and what isn’t. I just know I myself wouldn’t do it outside of less than 5 drops on a carpeted floor (actually managed to sorta revive an Olight S30 this way).

Reminds me of Dale’s test: Eagle Eye X6 Group Buy *Crash Test of the Sample - Pics & Vid added 9-6-14*

Thanks SC, that’s the one I was trying to remember, the throw it out of the car test.

:smiling_imp:

I am constantly dropping my lights by accident on concrete from usually 3 feet or higher, and always survive.
I had an old flip style cell phone that dropped 80 feet on a theater wood floor, and survived. The front face plate popped off, and just snapped it back on.

They are your lights, bought with your money, so it’s up to you. I can’t see the point and I wouldn’t do it.

Don’t forget that shock can damage a Li-ion cell.

Do you also like distressed jeans?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/distressed-jeans-Clothing/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=n%3A83450031%2Ck%3Adistressed%20jeans

I don’t know how many people remember way back when the guy took a brand new fenix tk40 and put it through the extreme testing including big drops, pulling it behind a car, and boiling it, and lots worse. Now this was way back when the tk40 was for the longest time one of the top lights. Found the link to the post. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?233856-My-Extreme-Fenix-TK40-Torture-Test

Major progress in Science, medicine, flying etc all probably happened from mad scientists or just the average Joe doing similar crazy things that left the rest of the people saying ‘WTF’ …similar to what I’m thinking now but you know what …. The world and youtube needs people like you so you have my full endorsement !

I actually knew I wanted to buy a lumintop tool only after watching a torture test youtube video (after I peaced myself laughing first of course)

Me… Would I do it …. Nah I’m Too tight to blow my dosh like that

I agree with the other guy.

The one that said basically, be sure to freeze them, burn them, let some cars and trucks run over them, pressure test for water intrusion like they do Rolex watches.

(sarcasm, no i would not do this, if they fail what do you do then? a manufacturer will just say you abused them and you will waste a lot of time trying to get $25 back)

You know what? I agree, at least it’d make for an entertaining video :smiley:

I think many will survive, with just chips to the ano. If not, it is an excuse to buy more lights. Maybe that is the real motive?

Or get into modding the ones you busted up!